Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing my last year of my BA Primary Education (QTS) degree, when I graduate I can teach in primary schools.

Teaching has always been something I can see myself doing and I think with time and effort, I could be a great teacher. To get into a most courses for Primary Ed you need to do QTS tests (Maths and Literacy), I said to myself if I failed I would do sociology, it was a huge passion of mine that I discovered in sixth form, I don't believe I connected with a subject as much.

I've been thinking of doing a masters in sociology and Education but I'm wondering, what's the best thing to do. I'm not sure, I think I should talk to someone at my uni but as it's reading week and I'm curious, thought I'd ask here. Would I even get accepted into a masters in sociology and Education just from my Primary Ed?

Just wanting to hear what people know, advice, suggestions etc. I will arrange to meet with my personal tutor when I get back

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.