Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is this an unhealthy way to eat (lots of frozen food) Watch

ReputationRep:
    if i eat oatmeal, mixed nuts, chicken salmon rice pasta mixed frozen veg cheese brocoli, peas apples banana and oranges everyday would the lack of variety cause me to become defficent in some nutrient or anything.

also is eating frozen food bad for you?

also is meal prepping and frezzing the food all the time bad for you?

i am just going to put the frozen chicken and salmon in the oven and throw the brocoli, frozen mixed veg and peas in with the rice to boil, are you meant to make it like this?

is it weird if i just ate this food all the time?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Seems reasonably healthy to me. Frozen veggies are apparently slightly less healthy than fresh, but significantly better than ordering takeaway. I'd recommend a bit more variation as you'll get sick of eating the same stuff, and you do want to try and get a broad range of things in your diet.

You can cook the stuff as you suggest, although if it was me, I'd look at defrosting the chicken and veggies ahead of time (just leave them on the counter in a bowl for like 6 hours, but keep the meat separate to the veggies), chop the chicken into strips and stir fry it all. You can get a sachet of sauce and dried noodles for not much money (50p ish for the sauce - they should do two portions each). Here's an example of sauce: http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco...VkmI3_SYmU7vWQ I usually go for chow mein or sweet and sour but it's up to you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.