Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

JD Sports Interview Advice (Christmas Temp) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I have an interview for a JD Sports outlet in my area. I have had an interview with them in the past but I was unsuccessful. I would very much like to have some type of income to help me through the holidays and my University studies.

Its fine to have a strong interview, but they tell you this while not giving you a chance, then there must be something they aren't interested in, or something we are missing that they need.

I have had friends who worked for JD Sports who are the opposite of sporty as well, so they must have said something right.

Any advice at all would be fantastic.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadicallyRadic)
    So I have an interview for a JD Sports outlet in my area. I have had an interview with them in the past but I was unsuccessful. I would very much like to have some type of income to help me through the holidays and my University studies.

Its fine to have a strong interview, but they tell you this while not giving you a chance, then there must be something they aren't interested in, or something we are missing that they need.

I have had friends who worked for JD Sports who are the opposite of sporty as well, so they must have said something right.

Any advice at all would be fantastic.
    A good way to prepare is to research on Glassdoor and find previous candidates who posted reviews of their interview.
    https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Intervie...ons-E13180.htm

Make sure you research the company and the role and come up with examples to back up answers. These could range from school, uni, work or any extracurricular activities you have taken part in.

ReputationRep:
    I work at JD sports myself and I would suggest going in with a positive yet professional attitude. You need to be approachable and confident. If you’re shy or really awkward they won’t take a shine to you. If you know what you’re doing, appear eager and interested and are lively but dedicated you stand a fair chance in being noticed. When they ask you examples about the job role make sure you know what you’re talking about. Make sure you’ve researched and spoke it over in your head about how you would deal with customers as they often ask you different scenarios. Hope this helps a little.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what number do you right on your pay sheet at the end of the week?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.