Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is a month and two weeks enough time to revise for a Theory test? If anyone has passed can u give me some helpful tips/advice is it hard? Or common sense?

ReputationRep:
    That's plenty of time. Personally I was able to spend 10 weeks revising for it, but that's only because 10 weeks away was the only good time for me to do it. It's mostly common sense, however some things can be trickier. I recommend getting the DVD which has mock tests and questions on there, as well as a copy of the highway code. Honestly the questions are pretty similar. Some questions I practiced with were the same ones I got on my actual test. I passed first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maro122)
    Is a month and two weeks enough time to revise for a Theory test? If anyone has passed can u give me some helpful tips/advice is it hard? Or common sense?
    I passed in three days just using online materials 👍🏾
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maro122)
    Hi there!

This thread should be in the Learning to drive forum. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there

ReputationRep:
    The one thing I will say is, make sure you practice hazard perception a lot. The hazard perception part of the test is the most stupid thing you'll ever have to do. It does nothing to help your actual hazard perception when driving whatsoever. You literally just need to learn how to pass the hazard perception test instead of how to perceive hazards when driving. That comes later and doesn't actually correlate much to the hazard perception tests. A lot of the multiple choice is common sense it's the hazard perception that got me because I didnt really understand it. I didn't pass until my second go because of it. There are a lot of places online you can do mock hazard perception tests and I recommend doing a lot of that because that's the thing that will probably trip you up because it's confusing if you don't know what you're doing

ReputationRep:
    three days is not trolling because it took me three days to revise for it too , people aint kidding when they said three days with the app will get you a pass

ReputationRep:
    lol my theory is in 2 days and I've only just started revising for it properly...

ReputationRep:
    I went in without any revision, passed first time around, so... An average person can go sit, and pass without revision.

ReputationRep:
    Honesty people make it out to be super easy and claim they haven't much revision but from my point of view I think it depends on where you live because it took me about 2 weeks revision to pass but I had never encountered many of the signs that they ask so if you live in a busy city I think it may be slightly easier to pass because you may be more familiar with what they are asking, good luck and that it's plenty of time just do a wee bit each day and remember you can only do your best

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.