The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Found this accurate description of life today whilst in town:

Spoiler

27/11/17
What I'm grateful for today
That I managed to buy a load of men's shirts for only £8 because I know all the best charity shop locations

A random act of kindness I've done
A girl dropped her credit card and didn't realise and kept walking so I picked it up and sprinted after her to give it her back

A random act of kindness someone has done for me
My housemate asked to see my art and said it was amazing :blushing:

Something I could improve on
Hating myself less I guess

What I've achieved today/Things I did well
Did loads. Woke up at 7am cos been falling asleep at 8pm lately. Decided to get up, got a shower, phoned the people at the CMHT place to arrange a time for when I am not on Christmas holiday and not here, finished the morph board work, submitted my first report to Turnitin, started the drawings for the second report (think those ones are the best ones I've done so far) then walked down to do group work in he library.

What I've done to look after my mental health
Sleeping a lot I guess. Been having loads of nightmares though so meh

Something I have to look forward to
Going home and actually having a washing machine to wash clothes in
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CoolCavy

Spoiler

27/11/17
That I managed to buy a load of men's shirts for only £8 because I know all the best charity shop locations

A girl dropped her credit card and didn't realise and kept walking so I picked it up and sprinted after her to give it her back

Did loads. Woke up at 7am cos been falling asleep at 8pm lately. Decided to get up, got a shower, phoned the people at the CMHT place to arrange a time for when I am not on Christmas holiday and not here, finished the morph board work, submitted my first report to Turnitin, started the drawings for the second report (think those ones are the best ones I've done so far) then walked down to do group work in he library.

What an incredible list of achievements for one day. Lots of positives there. Give yourself a huge pat on the back. Love the idea that you are looking forward to your washing machine. :bigsmile:
Thanks guys :redface: sorry am just lacking confidence atm more so than usual :redface:
thanks for always being supportive :lovehug:
You don't need to apologise for lacking confidence.:hugs:

Who wouldn't be supportive?! Only fools in my views. It is a natural human instinct to be nice to people. It's just that society trains people to be mean to each other. But I resist:shakecane:. I share the love.:heart:

Spoiler

27/11/17

Sounds like a grate day.:ahee:

:lovie:
Nice one Cavy! Glad you got great compliments about your artwork - very well deserved, I'm sure :awesome: And well done on phoning CMHT. I avoid phoning people like the plague, so think that's a huge achievement among man achievements today :h:
Original post by rhiannon277
What an incredible list of achievements for one day. Lots of positives there. Give yourself a huge pat on the back. Love the idea that you are looking forward to your washing machine. :bigsmile:

thank you :hugs: and lmao yes :colondollar: have such dry hands from all the hand washing of clothes

Original post by 04MR17
You don't need to apologise for lacking confidence.:hugs:

Who wouldn't be supportive?! Only fools in my views. It is a natural human instinct to be nice to people. It's just that society trains people to be mean to each other. But I resist:shakecane:. I share the love.:heart:

Thanks MR :redface: wish more people shared that sentiment :hugs:

Original post by 04MR17
Sounds like a grate day.:ahee:

:lovie:

grate? :mmm:
we need some cheese to grate :wink:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Nice one Cavy! Glad you got great compliments about your artwork - very well deserved, I'm sure :awesome: And well done on phoning CMHT. I avoid phoning people like the plague, so think that's a huge achievement among man achievements today :h:

thank you TLG :colondollar: and yes my heart was pounding tbh :redface: hope you are well :loveduck:

28/11/17
That my body gives out so much heat. Is usually annoying cos i blush easily but is handy in winter

dont really know, told someone i would miss them i suppose. Is true tbh, they are a decent person and is sad they are leaving

Someone told me that i should never change cos im nice as i am. Considering i think im perpetually a half baked cake in the oven it's nice that they think that im almost fully baked.:cake:

Not letting stuff get under my skin. Someone said something yesterday and has been kind of gnawing at me

Did the work i needed to do in good time. Consequently am sat in bed resting. Could be doing the rest of my second report but am tired

Went to sleep at 9pm last night. Not that it was really worth it for the subsequent dreams but eh

Potentially getting a shower if i can be bothered
(edited 6 years ago)
*everything you've said*
:h:
Original post by 04MR17
:h:

:tongue: :cube:
Reply 168
Keep on cavvying :smile:
Original post by Reue
Keep on cavvying :smile:

reeeuuue :jumphug: :lovehug:

:lovie2:
thank you :hugs: and lmao yes :colondollar: have such dry hands from all the hand washing of clothes

Thanks MR :redface: wish more people shared that sentiment :hugs:

grate? :mmm:
we need some cheese to grate :wink:

thank you TLG :colondollar: and yes my heart was pounding tbh :redface: hope you are well :loveduck:

28/11/17
That my body gives out so much heat. Is usually annoying cos i blush easily but is handy in winter

dont really know, told someone i would miss them i suppose. Is true tbh, they are a decent person and is sad they are leaving

Someone told me that i should never change cos im nice as i am. Considering i think im perpetually a half baked cake in the oven it's nice that they think that im almost fully baked.:cake:

Not letting stuff get under my skin. Someone said something yesterday and has been kind of gnawing at me

Did the work i needed to do in good time. Consequently am sat in bed resting. Could be doing the rest of my second report but am tired

Went to sleep at 9pm last night. Not that it was really worth it for the subsequent dreams but eh

Potentially getting a shower if i can be bothered

Um no :zomg:
No we don't :ashamed2:
Hope Ur doing ok Cavsicle :lovehug: proud of u x
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Um no :zomg:
No we don't :ashamed2:
Hope Ur doing ok Cavsicle :lovehug: proud of u x

it has taken u 9 pages to get here :colonhash: unforgivable

Spoiler

it has taken u 9 pages to get here :colonhash: unforgivable

Spoiler

I'm sorry :cry2: my excuse is life :redface:
Aw :puppyeyes: ly Cav :love:
29/11/17
Zebra crossings. Never knew they were a thing until i came here but i love them. Love making drivers stop i feel so powerful. Plus i hate drivers anyway, they are so selfish half the time, never let you go when its pouring down because it would inconvenience them by 2 seconds, or splash you with puddles or honk at you to freak you out etc etc. Yes i like this new found power

dont know

dont know that either, dont feel very wanted or cared about tbh

keeping my room clean

nothing really

seeing the nurse at half 7 tonight :/

Seeing my pets in 2 weeks
29/11/17
Zebra crossings. Never knew they were a thing until i came here but i love them. Love making drivers stop i feel so powerful. Plus i hate drivers anyway, they are so selfish half the time, never let you go when its pouring down because it would inconvenience them by 2 seconds, or splash you with puddles or honk at you to freak you out etc etc. Yes i like this new found power

dont know

dont know that either, dont feel very wanted or cared about tbh

keeping my room clean

nothing really

seeing the nurse at half 7 tonight :/

Seeing my pets in 2 weeks

YES CAV OMG U GO GURL
U walk zat zebrah crossing like ze catwalk and u walk it good
Right in their lil driving a car faces u do it :colone:
Cav :heart: we care :puppyeyes:

Ly Cav :hugs: we can do this
Good luck with seeing your nurse :hugs:
dont feel very wanted or cared about tbh
:heart:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
YES CAV OMG U GO GURL
U walk zat zebrah crossing like ze catwalk and u walk it good
Right in their lil driving a car faces u do it :colone:
Cav :heart: we care :puppyeyes:

Ly Cav :hugs: we can do this

Original post by 04MR17
:heart:

:grouphugs:
know a handful of people on here do just wish i was less lonely inrl :/ did try socities and stuff but they were either too much commitment/energy with everything else going on or hardly met at all and most things are like specific categories like the 'christian soc' or whatever that i dont fit into
just sit in my room all day feeling depressed. Unless i have uni which uses all my energy just to get there. Think the fire drill yesterday was the most amount of time i've seen everyone together. But then i also need a load of time alone to recharge because keeping a non-depressed mask on all day around people is exhausting
oh well.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Good luck with seeing your nurse :hugs:

Thank you :hugs: in theory should be less painful than last week
(edited 6 years ago)
:grouphugs:
know a handful of people on here do just wish i was less lonely inrl :/ did try socities and stuff but they were either too much commitment/energy with everything else going on or hardly met at all and most things are like specific categories like the 'christian soc' or whatever that i dont fit into
just sit in my room all day feeling depressed. Unless i have uni which uses all my energy just to get there. Think the fire drill yesterday was the most amount of time i've seen everyone together. But then i also need a load of time alone to recharge because keeping a non-depressed mask on all day around people is exhausting
oh well.
I've been there too.:sadnod: You made some acquaintances at the start of the year?
Original post by 04MR17
I've been there too.:sadnod: You made some acquaintances at the start of the year?

:hugs:

mhm

Latest

Trending

Trending