Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’ve started my 1st year of sixth form taking Maths, Further Maths, and French. Im wanting to take mathematics to degree level; but my GCSE’s are as follows:

Mathematics - 9
    English Language - 7
    English Literature - 4
    History - A*
    French - A
    Economics - A*
    Physics - A*
    Biology- A*
    Chemistry- A*

This is a genuine concern for me, and id like to hear from current/past/prospective Imperial students who were/are in a similar position to myself

ReputationRep:
    I think you should contact Imperial and specifically ask them about this, however, if you absolutely smash your A-Levels and get the grades you need, have a strong reference and PS. Then it should not matter TOO much, as it isn't language which is more important, also, your maths GCSE is very strong. As English Language is not really related to your degree choice they should not look too hard on it. But again, if you are really that concerned you should contact the university directly and ask them

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so. I got an interview with 1A*, 8A and B + a BTEC at GCSE. Its one of the more unrelated subjects too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoneroses2828)
    I’ve started my 1st year of sixth form taking Maths, Further Maths, and French. Im wanting to take mathematics to degree level; but my GCSE’s are as follows:

Mathematics - 9
    English Language - 7
    English Literature - 4
    History - A*
    French - A
    Economics - A*
    Physics - A*
    Biology- A*
    Chemistry- A*

This is a genuine concern for me, and id like to hear from current/past/prospective Imperial students who were/are in a similar position to myself
    Idk if imperial will consider a language as a third A level, I would recommend taking physics to AS level at least
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.