Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going to book an appointment with my doctor about depression tomorrow Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    However I am really worried about what I tell work. Would it be acceptable for me just to phone them up and say I can't make it in the morning as i have a n appointment with my doctor? What if they ask why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gvbhjk)
    However I am really worried about what I tell work. Would it be acceptable for me just to phone them up and say I can't make it in the morning as i have a n appointment with my doctor? What if they ask why?
    Honestly , work places are quite helpful in that area , I do see your predicament but all you have to say to them is that you’d rather not say over the phone and for proof you will bring a doctors note , I know a doctors note sounds childish , but it does work as I myself have been there and what ever your going through , I hope you work it out , good luck with the doctors mate , I hope to hear from you about how your workplace took it

Trust me they do not ask just tell them I have a GP appointment and that is it they should not be asking such personal questions and tell you to justify.Don't worry about it it will be all ok.If they do ask you can just tell them it is for the flu vaccine or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine. Can't see a problem, they may ask why, but you don't actually have to tell them, or just say, as above, something like a flu jab.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Just say it's a drs appt. They shouldn't ask why.

Good luck btw

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.