Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which uni will be better overall- Coventry, Oxford Brookes or Nottingham Trent? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to Oxford Brookes (MSc Construction Project Management), Coventry (MSc Construction Project & Cost Management) and Nottingham Trent (MSc Engineering Management). Which uni will be better and has better faculties? Which one has the best campus? Which course and where should I join for a better life and experience as a student?

ReputationRep:
    Oxford brookes anytime!
    It has the best campus and being in a city like oxford you’ll experience the perfect student life.
    Also it’s just 1 hour away from london so your weekends will be sorted.
    I’ll also applied in oxford brookes for Msc. Project Management in the built environment (January 2018 intake)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatingupta03)
    Oxford brookes anytime!
    It has the best campus and being in a city like oxford you’ll experience the perfect student life.
    Also it’s just 1 hour away from london so your weekends will be sorted.
    I’ll also applied in oxford brookes for Msc. Project Management in the built environment (January 2018 intake)
    Are you sure that its the best choice?
    The campus looked small compared to the other two. And NTU offers one year placement with the Engineering Management. The campus looks good too. Coventry seems to be more widely known and better ranked.

ReputationRep:
    Which campus have you looked for oxford brookes? Headington or any other? Because it has 3 campus and headington being the best of all. And coventry london has just a building and not a campus.
    Moreover in terms of ranking oxford brookes comes above both. But in my opinion you should first look for your course and which university offers the best modules and then decide

ReputationRep:
    NTU all the way honestly.

ReputationRep:
    Which campus have you looked for oxford brookes? Headington or any other? Because it has 3 campus and headington being the best of all. And coventry london has just a building and not a campus.
    Moreover in terms of ranking oxford brookes comes above both. But in my opinion you should first look for your course and which university offers the best modules and then decide
    Headington itself. The campus looks modern. But not that large like that of coventry university campus or NTU. Forget the campus, How is the uni? Good enough? Which other unis did you apply to? Which other unis are available for jan intake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undefined..)
    NTU all the way honestly.
    Are you a student there? How is the uni? What are the chances of securing a placement there? I've applied for a sandwich course. What about the unis reputation?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for coventry london, northumbria london, anglia ruskin chelmsford and oxford brookes.
    But i considered the modules and course first and then i compared all of them.
    I got offer letter from all of them but chose oxford brookes

ReputationRep:
    I applied for coventry london, northumbria london, anglia ruskin chelmsford and oxford brookes.
    But i considered the modules and course first and then i compared all of them.
    I got offer letter from all of them but chose oxford brookes
    why london? Coventry is a good city too. Even Northumbria Newcastle looks good

ReputationRep:
    Because January intake was not available there

ReputationRep:
    Because January intake was not available there
    You applying through agent? I've got my offer letter from Coventry already. Havent heard from the other two yet. How long did it take to get your offer letters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irshafy)
    Are you a student there? How is the uni? What are the chances of securing a placement there? I've applied for a sandwich course. What about the unis reputation?
    I'm not a student there, but I know a few. I've applied this year and it's my first choice. They have good relations with those in industry, so may be best to just email them. The campus is pretty good too.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i’m applying through the chopras.
    And it will take a week or two.
    Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Yes i’m applying through the chopras.
    And it will take a week or two.
    Where are you from?
    Its been a week already. I'm applying through Santa Monica. I'm from Kerala.

ReputationRep:
    Great. All the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undefined..)
    I'm not a student there, but I know a few. I've applied this year and it's my first choice. They have good relations with those in industry, so may be best to just email them. The campus is pretty good too.
    Yeah. They do seem to have a good relation with the industries. Even the campus looked nice. I'm kinda stuck between Oxford Brookes and Nottingham Trent.

ReputationRep:
    oxford brookes is ranked the best worldwide out of the three and has an amazing building on the headington campus
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to Oxford Brookes (MSc Construction Project Management), Coventry (MSc Construction Project & Cost Management) and Nottingham Trent (MSc Engineering Management). Which uni will be better and has better faculties? Which one has the best campus? Which course and where should I join for a better life and experience as a student?
    Hi irshafy

Fantastic news to hear you've applied to NTU! :five: Best of luck with your application.

In answer to your questions:
    Which uni will be better and has better faculties? - I guess which is better would come down to what you want to get out of the course. Oxford Brookes and Coventry's courses sound like they could be quite similar, but Engineering Management could put you on a completely different path after graduating. I think the best thing to do would be to really compare the course content for each of them, and see what is going to suit you best for what you want to do after postgraduate. Staff profiles are also linked to the course content on our site so you will be able to see how established the faculty is.

Which one has the best campus? - Again this is going to be down to your personal preference. Have you had a chance to think about any open days? I'd definitely recommend this to get a good feel for the universities and to see if you like it. If you haven't been, the NTU City Campus has a great student feel to it, all the buildings are within a few minutes walk and the city centre is just a 5-10 minute walk from the university.

Which course and where should I join for a better life and experience as a student? - I would reiterate my first point that whichever course you pick should be down to what is going to suit you better in the long run and get you on the right career path. For a better life and experience as a student. I wouldn't be able to comment on Coventry or Oxford, but as I went to NTU myself for both my undergraduate degree and postgraduate I can honestly say I have loved every single aspect of it, from my course, to clubs and sports and making friends.

I'd love to know how your applications are getting on, and if you have any more questions please let me know!

Thanks
    Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
    Connect with NTU
    Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.
    Follow our Twitter for student news.
    Explore our campuses with Instagram.
    See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Postgraduate study at NTU)
    Hi irshafy

Fantastic news to hear you've applied to NTU! :five: Best of luck with your application.

In answer to your questions:
    Which uni will be better and has better faculties? - I guess which is better would come down to what you want to get out of the course. Oxford Brookes and Coventry's courses sound like they could be quite similar, but Engineering Management could put you on a completely different path after graduating. I think the best thing to do would be to really compare the course content for each of them, and see what is going to suit you best for what you want to do after postgraduate. Staff profiles are also linked to the course content on our site so you will be able to see how established the faculty is.

Which one has the best campus? - Again this is going to be down to your personal preference. Have you had a chance to think about any open days? I'd definitely recommend this to get a good feel for the universities and to see if you like it. If you haven't been, the NTU City Campus has a great student feel to it, all the buildings are within a few minutes walk and the city centre is just a 5-10 minute walk from the university.

Which course and where should I join for a better life and experience as a student? - I would reiterate my first point that whichever course you pick should be down to what is going to suit you better in the long run and get you on the right career path. For a better life and experience as a student. I wouldn't be able to comment on Coventry or Oxford, but as I went to NTU myself for both my undergraduate degree and postgraduate I can honestly say I have loved every single aspect of it, from my course, to clubs and sports and making friends.

I'd love to know how your applications are getting on, and if you have any more questions please let me know!

Thanks
    Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
    Connect with NTU
    Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.
    Follow our Twitter for student news.
    Explore our campuses with Instagram.
    See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.
    I have applied a week before and haven’t heard back from NTU yet. 😔
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    I have applied a week before and haven’t heard back from NTU yet. 😔
    Hi irshafy

Don't worry! Sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to get back to students. If you don't hear anything back by the end of next week, it could be worth contacting our admissions team on 0115 848 4200.

They'll be able to let you know the status of your application and hopefully give you an idea of when you will hear about your offer!

Let me know!

Thanks

Matt

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.