The Student Room Group

Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG

Hello! Welcome!
wow, I’ve only been on the student room a few days now but i’ve decided to take a plunge and start a GYG... year 10 is a tough year - no, not as tough as the years that follow - but it’s still tough. already, less than a few weeks into my gcse courses i’m struggling with motivation. i’m hoping this GYG will help me to connect with other like-minded people and you can follow my journey of growing confidence and motivation to study and achieve the best i can!

in my GYG i post about how school has been, how i'm revising, but most of all i love to chat to you guys :smile:
my aim when starting this was to improve my mindset regarding school and to boost my grades :smartass:
you can check how i'm getting on at the moment by skipping to the most recent pages in this thread!

time for you to get to know a little more about me:banana2:

what did you take for your gcses and what are your predicted grades?
red - current grade
green - aspirational grade
AQA Mathematics 8 8
AQA English Language 9 9
AQA English Literature 9 9
AQA Biology 7 9
AQA Physics 8 8
AQA Chemistry 7 8
AQA Geography 8 8
Edexcel History 8 8
Edexcel RE 9 9
Edexcel Spanish 8 9
Edexcel PE 9 8

what do you want to take for your a levels?
still not sure but i'm likely to choose from the following subjects
Biology :thumbsup:
Physics
Chemistry
Maths
Further Maths?!
Spanish
PE

what would you like to do when you're older?
my main goal at the moment is to study medicine at university, it's a subject that really fascinates me, and i would just love to spend my days working as a doctor. if i don't get the grades i'm also interested in sports science, biomedical sciences, marine biology and biology. a mixed bag! :lol:

how old are you? what year are you in?
I'm 15 note - when this thread was originally made i was 14
and I'm in Year 10

what can i expect from this gyg?i like to update about my life, how i'm getting on at school, how i'm getting on elsewhere, give you guys revision tips (despite my inferior position and age compared to everyone else lol)if you ever have any questions i will try my best to help you out! :hugs:

like the sound of my gyg?
come and join the bubble squad!just click the arrow if you'e on the website or scroll right to the bottom if you're on the app to check out my most recent post! :bubbles::love:

anya
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i’m already back! (oops)
today’s not been a very productive day and it’s not going to be unfortunately - last night i had a sleepover and tonight i’m having another one!

additionally (oh no, it sounds like one of my history essays) i’ve got the most awful cold, i always seem to get them when i’m on half term breaks! hopefully it won’t bother me on my birthday *crosses fingers*

before my friend comes over tonight i’m going to follow my teacher’s revision schedule for the first two units of biology and possibly start some notes on my 19th century english lit novel : frankenstein which should be interesting 🤔

see below for my teacher’s revision schedule - you might find it useful, and a sample of my biology notes (these haven’t been handwritten because i want my revision schedule notes to be as condensed as possible whereas my other notes nice and detailed and pretty)

2EACCCA3-297B-40B2-AF45-F18EA54C4E02.jpg.jpeg

556F1A90-9A2C-4ED6-BDD8-327AFB8740C1.jpg.jpeg

might update this later on if i’m feeling obsessive - or tomorrow - please do contribute to my gyg! i’d love to make some new friends!

byeeeee for now; anya :smile:
hey anya!! so glad you started a gyg thread xx
Original post by mez_merising
hey anya!! so glad you started a gyg thread xx

aw! thanks! i’m really excited about it haha!
it won’t be as good as yours :smile:
Love this, definitely added to my watch list :smile: can’t wait for more
Original post by faithoshxo
Love this, definitely added to my watch list :smile: can’t wait for more

thanks! it’s exciting!
it’s my birthday tomorrow ahhh!!!
so far my half term break has been pretty crazy (on top of the fact that ive been ill ugh) so i haven’t had any time to study, luckily i don’t really have anything important coming up.

since i’m probably not going to study at all tomorrow - i might try to do some things today! first i’m going into the city with my bestie to shop and have a meal but this morning i went through some spanish vocab on memrise this morning (my favourite app!!)

later i think i’m going to do some past paper questions from biology and test myself on my physics knowledge organiser just to try to study a BIT...

i’ll let you know how it goes and hopefully i will have some notes or pics to show! have a productive day guys; anya :smile:
Hey Anya!
Defo going to follow your thread!!!!!!
Xxxxxx :biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Hey Anya!

i hope you enjoy it :smile:)
Original post by anyapoundall02
it’s my birthday tomorrow ahhh!!!
so far my half term break has been pretty crazy (on top of the fact that ive been ill ugh) so i haven’t had any time to study, luckily i don’t really have anything important coming up.

since i’m probably not going to study at all tomorrow - i might try to do some things today! first i’m going into the city with my bestie to shop and have a meal but this morning i went through some spanish vocab on memrise this morning (my favourite app!!)

later i think i’m going to do some past paper questions from biology and test myself on my physics knowledge organiser just to try to study a BIT...

i’ll let you know how it goes and hopefully i will have some notes or pics to show! have a productive day guys; anya :smile:

Original post by A.N123
Hey Anya!

Hey ma peeps, ur days been well?

Happy birthday for tomorrow!
Original post by streetdude28
Hey ma peeps, ur days been well?

Happy birthday for tomorrow!

thanks for the birthday wishes! had an amazing day, would write about it in one of these blog posts but i should revise first so it’s a bit more ‘GYG’ style :wink:

check it out later!! hehe
Early happy birthday! Hope you have an AMAZING day tomorrow!!:smile:
Original post by elvss567
Early happy birthday! Hope you have an AMAZING day tomorrow!!:smile:

thank you again!!! just need to revise a bit tonight so i actually get something done haha!
will be posting a bit later :smile:
happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a quick update...
I changed my username because of privacy but I'm the same person!!! (don't you worry haha)
Will be posting what I've been doing today/tonight a little bit later but just thought I'd let you know because you might all be a bit surprised!

stay productive; anya :smile:
hey everyone!

today’s been pretty crazy, my friend and i went for a pizza and bought each other some beautiful jewellery from pandora! we also got a personalised millies cookie (delicious!)

ive been home for a few hours now and i’ve had a little bit of time to organise my study materials and start to answer some exam questions and write up some notes!

you can see what i’ve been doing here :
93692E12-52B7-4A35-A6AB-A58E216F6BEB.jpg.jpeg start of my physics notes
8C23E84A-ADE4-468B-9C02-C131D1A58741.jpg.jpeg some biology exam questions off my revision schedule

now i’m watching a new bbc3 documentary about junior doctors, i remember watching the original series when i was a lot younger and it really fuelled my love for medicine - so it’s really exciting to watch it again as it motivates me to want to study to achieve my goal!

Attachment not found

after my birthday tomorrow, i have a quiet day on friday so i’m going to write up some new notes (they get into my head quicker than typed notes!) as they’re kind of time consuming and i need to get them done early on in my gcses so i can properly revise later on (wooooo funnn...)

what have you been doing?
are you watching this new series?
do you like revising?

let me know; anya :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Your revision notes are so pretty and so is your handwriting!
Original post by Effy..
Your revision notes are so pretty and so is your handwriting!

thank you! i’ll post some more over the next few days :smile:
helllloooooo!

It's been another whirlwind of day (yes, it's my birthday!)
I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M 15 WHATTTTT

obviously haven't got much in terms of studying to update you with - you'll have to wait for tomorrow for that!

one of my presents was a study planner so here's a picture!
Attachment not found

i love it lol

how do you organise your studying?

i'll update again soon; anya :smile:

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by clouddbubbles

now i’m watching a new bbc3 documentary about junior doctors, i remember watching the original series when i was a lot younger and it really fuelled my love for medicine - so it’s really exciting to watch it again as it motivates me to want to study to achieve my goal!

yessss watched that yesterday!! soo many needles oh my

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending