The Student Room Group

Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clouddbubbles
i was provided some on google drive by my teacher - a lot of them are just the same topic but from the pre 9-1 syllabus :smile:
sorry i can’t be more help!!

Its ok! Dont worry!:wink:
Original post by A.N123
Its ok! Dont worry!:wink:

if i can find a way for other people to access them i’ll let you know :biggrin:
:nyan:heyyyyyy!:nyan:

still not feeling 100% today - but i forced myself to go in because i had a test!

S P A N i S H
did some preparation for our oral exams (which reeeaaallyyy scare me!)
we got given this booklet with loads of mock roleplays and picture scenarios and conversation prompts (everyone had started it yesterday when i wasn't there)
we also learnt some more vocab and put together some phrases with the new words :woo:

P E (theory)
started where we left off, discussing the continuums of skills in sport (yep - still confusing!)
then we got our tests back...
im actually pleased with my score, its perhaps not as high as i wanted it to be but i did like 2 minutes of revision and lost some easy marks?!
i got 30/41 - 73% - this equates to a grade 7 (grade boundaries were each percentage so had i got 90% it would have been a 9)
its NOT bad, considering it was my first proper exam in PE and i hadn't really been tested in PE beforehand. also i was predicted a grade 6 last year, mehhh...
so a grade 7 is well on track to where i want to be : a grade 8 in PE. combined with practical i should be alright!

M A T H S
we did pie charts, and they're sooo chill!
very easy, and a relaxing lesson, understood everything and basically got to consolidate my skills :thumbsup:

E N G L i S H
analysis of chapter 4 frankenstein... almost at chapter 5 where things get interesting and the creature is born!!!
struggled a bit with the analysis? to be fair i felt dreadfully ill so i cant blame myself, i also had time in the lesson to catch up :biggrin:

C H E M i S T R Y
had our test on structure and bonding, don't want to jinx it but i found it quite easy? i'd already done a few of the questions and the content was all a bit repetitive.
there are rumours going around that we might have to do it AGAIN (yes - more people cheated! its unusual at our school... but this time it was another class though :shakecane:)
i really hope we don't have to do it again because it's so much effort and stress!
i'm definitely going to rest tonight - i won't swim like usual as i damaged some tendons in my shoulder and its basically impossible (although i do have some galas soon) - and i don't know if i'll go into school tomorrow, im still very weak, idk?! we'll just have to see how i am :smile:

did everyone have a good day?
what did you day?

let me know or ask questions or whatever, i probably won't be productive tonight, just going to do a little biology revision; anya :wink:
(edited 6 years ago)
:nyan:heyyyyyy!:nyan:

still not feeling 100% today - but i forced myself to go in because i had a test!

S P A N i S H
did some preparation for our oral exams (which reeeaaallyyy scare me!)
we got given this booklet with loads of mock roleplays and picture scenarios and conversation prompts (everyone had started it yesterday when i wasn't there)
we also learnt some more vocab and put together some phrases with the new words :woo:

P E (theory)
started where we left off, discussing the continuums of skills in sport (yep - still confusing!)
then we got our tests back...
im actually pleased with my score, its perhaps not as high as i wanted it to be but i did like 2 minutes of revision and lost some easy marks?!
i got 30/41 - 73% - this equates to a grade 7 (grade boundaries were each percentage so had i got 90% it would have been a 9)
its NOT bad, considering it was my first proper exam in PE and i hadn't really been tested in PE beforehand. also i was predicted a grade 6 last year, mehhh...
so a grade 7 is well on track to where i want to be : a grade 8 in PE. combined with practical i should be alright!

M A T H S
we did pie charts, and they're sooo chill!
very easy, and a relaxing lesson, understood everything and basically got to consolidate my skills :thumbsup:

E N G L i S H
analysis of chapter 4 frankenstein... almost at chapter 5 where things get interesting and the creature is born!!!
struggled a bit with the analysis? to be fair i felt dreadfully ill so i cant blame myself, i also had time in the lesson to catch up :biggrin:

C H E M i S T R Y
had our test on structure and bonding, don't want to jinx it but i found it quite easy? i'd already done a few of the questions and the content was all a bit repetitive.
there are rumours going around that we might have to do it AGAIN (yes - more people cheated! its unusual at our school... but this time it was another class though :shakecane:)
i really hope we don't have to do it again because it's so much effort and stress!
i'm definitely going to rest tonight - i won't swim like usual as i damaged some tendons in my shoulder and its basically impossible (although i do have some galas soon) - and i don't know if i'll go into school tomorrow, im still very weak, idk?! we'll just have to see how i am :smile:

did everyone have a good day?
what did you day?

let me know or ask questions or whatever, i probably won't be productive tonight, just going to do a little biology revision; anya :wink:

Well done on the PE test! I did GCSE PE myself but I ended up doing really badly in practical and it brought my whole grade down :hide: sure that won't happen to you though :nah:
Hope you feel better soon :console:
Original post by Protostar
Well done on the PE test! I did GCSE PE myself but I ended up doing really badly in practical and it brought my whole grade down :hide: sure that won't happen to you though :nah:
Hope you feel better soon :console:

thank you!
yeahh i’m not sure about practical?! i’m going to do swimming and skiing as individual sports and netball (i think) as the team sport which shouldn’t be too bad! netball id probably be average, not full marks, but i’d hope with skiing and swimming to get full marks

after that, it just leaves the theory element which should be ok!

i hope i feel better soon too :frown:
hope you had a good dayyyy
thank you!
yeahh i’m not sure about practical?! i’m going to do swimming and skiing as individual sports and netball (i think) as the team sport which shouldn’t be too bad! netball id probably be average, not full marks, but i’d hope with skiing and swimming to get full marks

after that, it just leaves the theory element which should be ok!

i hope i feel better soon too :frown:
hope you had a good dayyyy

They're pretty unique sports on the whole - especially skiing! Do you not have to do 4? We did, I did hockey, netball, rounders and fitness for mine and only got 52/80 :afraid: I'm sure with close to full marks though you'll be fine!

Theory tends to be the part where a lot of the really sporty people fall down, but I can tell you're gonna do well in both elements :yep: you got this!

Take it easy! :hugs:
I did, thank you! :h:
They're pretty unique sports on the whole - especially skiing! Do you not have to do 4? We did, I did hockey, netball, rounders and fitness for mine and only got 52/80 :afraid: I'm sure with close to full marks though you'll be fine!

Theory tends to be the part where a lot of the really sporty people fall down, but I can tell you're gonna do well in both elements :yep: you got this!

Take it easy! :hugs:
I did, thank you! :h:

yeahh!
i’m doing 9-1 first of all, and second of all i’m doing edexcel :smile:
we have a personal exercise programme component which is examined so i suppose that’s like fitness?
we basically have to choose from a list of individual and team sports - 1 of each then a free choice :biggrin:

since skiing is on the list, and i ski over 4 hours a week, i was like WHY NOT?!

as for swimming - i’m a swimmer, i train most days, it was a no brainer :smile:

obviously i don’t know how well i’ll do, i might end up failing the practical part or theory part! you never know! also the pressure of a moderation will probably get to me :s-smilie:

hopefully i will do well!
thank you again, and good!
yeahh!
i’m doing 9-1 first of all, and second of all i’m doing edexcel :smile:
we have a personal exercise programme component which is examined so i suppose that’s like fitness?
we basically have to choose from a list of individual and team sports - 1 of each then a free choice :biggrin:

since skiing is on the list, and i ski over 4 hours a week, i was like WHY NOT?!

as for swimming - i’m a swimmer, i train most days, it was a no brainer :smile:

obviously i don’t know how well i’ll do, i might end up failing the practical part or theory part! you never know! also the pressure of a moderation will probably get to me :s-smilie:

hopefully i will do well!
thank you again, and good!

Ahhh that'll be it - I did AQA (under the old spec, but I doubt it's changed much!) We didn't have to do a PEP thankfully! Ah those sports do make a lot of sense then - I just did generic ones because I've never done any sports outside of school :tongue:

Moderation isn't very nice :nope: our whole class did fitness and so our moderation day involved us doing circuit training for ages :cry2: but the good thing about moderation is that they're not actually assessing you, they're assessing your teacher's marking so as long as you don't give up you'll be fine! :thumbsup:
Ahhh that'll be it - I did AQA (under the old spec, but I doubt it's changed much!) We didn't have to do a PEP thankfully! Ah those sports do make a lot of sense then - I just did generic ones because I've never done any sports outside of school :tongue:

Moderation isn't very nice :nope: our whole class did fitness and so our moderation day involved us doing circuit training for ages :cry2: but the good thing about moderation is that they're not actually assessing you, they're assessing your teacher's marking so as long as you don't give up you'll be fine! :thumbsup:

yes hopefully i’ll be okay!

thanks for your advice :biggrin:
GCSE are real hard can someone help me
Original post by afia456
GCSE are real hard can someone help me

aw no!
what year are you in first of all?
Original post by afia456

yeahh me too!
i’m struggling a bit as well...
in what areas are you struggling? what are you finding hard?
ict
Original post by afia456
ict

oh dear!
yeah ict is a hard subject...
i dropped it before gcse but i used to do it so i do sympathise!

it’s early on in the course though so you don’t need to worry too much :frown:
if there’s something you don’t get can you ask a teacher? remember it’s a hard subject, a lot of people struggle with it!!!
I have the actual GCSE in January
Original post by afia456
I have the actual GCSE in January

oh no that’s even worse!!
too soon!

what area of the course do you find the hardest?
making templates
I can't keep the website pages consistent
oh yeah, that can be difficult...
do you want to carry on talking on PM?
i’ll send you a message!
Original post by afia456
I can't keep the website pages consistent

Original post by afia456
making templates

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending