The Student Room Group

Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mez_merising
yessss watched that yesterday!! soo many needles oh my

i was a littttllleee bit squeamish seeing the attempts at the cannulas i must admit :0
good morning!

today I'm having a specific revision day so I will probably update this thread throughout the day...

11:30 this morning I've been focusing on physics - I have a test in around two weeks and I'm not really that confident on the topic - however, what we've currently done is quite simple (as I've found out from revising!)

I'm trying to use my new study planner that I got for my birthday but while the to-do list is helpful, I haven't really kept to my schedule/timetable as you can see *oops*

Attachment not found

I surprised myself with how much I wrote for my physics notes! I need to copy out some notes for my previous topic but I might do this after I've done my current ones for biology (if that makes sense?) so I have a lot of work to do today :frown:

Here are my physics notes so far if you want some motivation :
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

I'm just quickly writing up some question-based flashcards to help me apply my physics knowledge and then I'll check out the exam questions I've been set as revision.

Should have a break over lunch and then continue my notes this afternoon!

I'll let you know how it goes; anya :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
13:20 Note to self - I definitely can't follow a schedule!

Thankfully I've completed my first set of notes and knowledge-based revision cards *phew*
I've had a bit of a break, and I've just come back from a mega printing session.
I went onto kerboodle to print out the exam questions I've been set and ended up printing millions of resources for my revision loooool
Now I've just got to complete the checklists and questions and extension work I just printed out and organise it...

Have you ever used kerboodle?

might update again later, but bye for now; anya :smile:
15:10
in the time since my last update i’ve veered away from all this physics and biology and chemistry (too much science!)

i’ve started my notes on geography (aqa river landforms if anyone’s interested😉) and they’re coming along nicely so i’ll try and continue with it!

here’s what i’ve done so far:
5758A562-957C-4FB8-BF45-B3D757C564AD.jpg.jpeg
6266698D-B00B-4AF5-8181-975197398DE5.jpg.jpeg

i’ve also just finished doing a bit of maths extension work... i struggle a little with maths so i was practicing finding the equations of perpendicular lines *ughhhh*

probably will just continue with these notes and post a final update tonight :smile:

see you later; anya :smile:
yoooo

just a quick update,
i didn’t do anymore studying, just finished off my notes for geography :smile:

i’ve been out at my martial arts group thing, i did some volunteering by helping out with the little kids class (it’s such a pain, no one will listen and you have to explain everything so much and i can’t remember half of it ahhh) but i know it’s going to help me in the long term and it would be good on my cv i guess? i do other volunteering/coaching jobs in swimming which are probably more valuable...

anyways i’m back now haha!

i’ll tag some people... @Fox Corner @mez_merising @streetdude28 @Effy.. @elvss567 @Toastiekid @Megamax

don’t know if i’ll revise or update or whatever tomorrow 🤔

hasta luego; anya :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by clouddbubbles
good morning!

today I'm having a specific revision day so I will probably update this thread throughout the day...

11:30 this morning I've been focusing on physics - I have a test in around two weeks and I'm not really that confident on the topic - however, what we've currently done is quite simple (as I've found out from revising!)

I'm trying to use my new study planner that I got for my birthday but while the to-do list is helpful, I haven't really kept to my schedule/timetable as you can see *oops*

Attachment not found

I surprised myself with how much I wrote for my physics notes! I need to copy out some notes for my previous topic but I might do this after I've done my current ones for biology (if that makes sense?) so I have a lot of work to do today :frown:

Here are my physics notes so far if you want some motivation :
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

I'm just quickly writing up some question-based flashcards to help me apply my physics knowledge and then I'll check out the exam questions I've been set as revision.

Should have a break over lunch and then continue my notes this afternoon!

I'll let you know how it goes; anya :smile:

your planner is gorgeoussss oh my where did you get it from??
Original post by mez_merising
your planner is gorgeoussss oh my where did you get it from??

i watch this girl on youtube called ‘Ruby Granger’ and even though she’s a bit cringey she released this awesome planner and I HAD to ask for it - it really is gorgeous :smile:)

i think the website is ‘Pumpkin Productivity’???
i watch this girl on youtube called ‘Ruby Granger’ and even though she’s a bit cringey she released this awesome planner and I HAD to ask for it - it really is gorgeous :smile:)

i think the website is ‘Pumpkin Productivity’???

Yes i love Ruby Granger! I also watch Unjaded Jade and Eve Bennet they're awesome too! You should check them out! Xxxx
13:20 Note to self - I definitely can't follow a schedule!

Thankfully I've completed my first set of notes and knowledge-based revision cards *phew*
I've had a bit of a break, and I've just come back from a mega printing session.
I went onto kerboodle to print out the exam questions I've been set and ended up printing millions of resources for my revision loooool
Now I've just got to complete the checklists and questions and extension work I just printed out and organise it...

Have you ever used kerboodle?

might update again later, but bye for now; anya :smile:

Ah yes, good old kerboodle! Our school uses it quite alot! X
Original post by A.N123
Yes i love Ruby Granger! I also watch Unjaded Jade and Eve Bennet they're awesome too! You should check them out! Xxxx

don’t worry - i watch them too haha! most revision youtubers are on my agenda :smile:

kerboodle is fab! even though i hate having to use a computer/laptop as it’s not right there in front of me, you can get some excellent resources and test material off there :smile:

my school only uses it for gcse and a-level sciences & maths, i kinda wish they had other subjects on there but oh well!

what subjects does your school have on kerboodle?
don’t worry - i watch them too haha! most revision youtubers are on my agenda :smile:

kerboodle is fab! even though i hate having to use a computer/laptop as it’s not right there in front of me, you can get some excellent resources and test material off there :smile:

my school only uses it for gcse and a-level sciences & maths, i kinda wish they had other subjects on there but oh well!

what subjects does your school have on kerboodle?

Yay! Its nice to see others watch similar revision youtubers as me! Like they say, Great minds think alike haha!

Same with my school, we use kerboodle for gcse and A-level with science and languages. Our school uses mathswatch for maths. :biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Yay! Its nice to see others watch similar revision youtubers as me! Like they say, Great minds think alike haha!

Same with my school, we use kerboodle for gcse and A-level with science and languages. Our school uses mathswatch for maths. :biggrin:

yes great minds think alike :wink:

we use mymaths for maths - and our kerboodle textbooks and have loads of links to mymaths so it’s helpful!

for languages we don’t really have anything specific, but the teachers try to mix up the learning a bit so it’s not all sitting down drilling the vocabulary into us - we can use the ipads for vocab competitions or play snakes and ladders with certain phrases and it’s honestly so fun haha! my main source of revision for spanish (i don’t know if it’s different for the other languages my school offers) is probably memrise which is awesome!

i’m intrigued to know what languages on kerboodle are like... haha :smile:
yes great minds think alike :wink:

we use mymaths for maths - and our kerboodle textbooks and have loads of links to mymaths so it’s helpful!

for languages we don’t really have anything specific, but the teachers try to mix up the learning a bit so it’s not all sitting down drilling the vocabulary into us - we can use the ipads for vocab competitions or play snakes and ladders with certain phrases and it’s honestly so fun haha! my main source of revision for spanish (i don’t know if it’s different for the other languages my school offers) is probably memrise which is awesome!

i’m intrigued to know what languages on kerboodle are like... haha :smile:

Languages on kerboodle is pretty cool! They uploaded gcse textbooks for us on kerboodle so at anytime we can access them to do activites and revision etc.

We used to use mymaths last year but we stopped lol:biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Languages on kerboodle is pretty cool! They uploaded gcse textbooks for us on kerboodle so at anytime we can access them to do activites and revision etc.

We used to use mymaths last year but we stopped lol:biggrin:

nice! we get free revision guides and workbooks for our languages so i guess it’s just like kerboodle except not😂

i don’t really like mymaths but it’s there if i ever need it :smile:
nice! we get free revision guides and workbooks for our languages so i guess it’s just like kerboodle except not😂

i don’t really like mymaths but it’s there if i ever need it :smile:

I didnt like mymaths either....the teachers used to set homework on there and all hell broke lose.😂😂😂
Original post by A.N123
I didnt like mymaths either....the teachers used to set homework on there and all hell broke lose.😂😂😂

OMG YES SAME😂 i would get so triggered if a teacher set homework on there!
My geography notes look like the bottom of a used toilet compared to yours! 😂😂😂
Original post by streetdude28
My geography notes look like the bottom of a used toilet compared to yours! 😂😂😂

aw - sometimes it doesn’t matter if they’re neat or not - you’ve just got to be able to learn from them😂
hey everyone!

today’s been pretty crazy, my friend and i went for a pizza and bought each other some beautiful jewellery from pandora! we also got a personalised millies cookie (delicious!)

ive been home for a few hours now and i’ve had a little bit of time to organise my study materials and start to answer some exam questions and write up some notes!

you can see what i’ve been doing here :
93692E12-52B7-4A35-A6AB-A58E216F6BEB.jpg.jpeg start of my physics notes
8C23E84A-ADE4-468B-9C02-C131D1A58741.jpg.jpeg some biology exam questions off my revision schedule

now i’m watching a new bbc3 documentary about junior doctors, i remember watching the original series when i was a lot younger and it really fuelled my love for medicine - so it’s really exciting to watch it again as it motivates me to want to study to achieve my goal!

Attachment not found

after my birthday tomorrow, i have a quiet day on friday so i’m going to write up some new notes (they get into my head quicker than typed notes!) as they’re kind of time consuming and i need to get them done early on in my gcses so i can properly revise later on (wooooo funnn...)

what have you been doing?
are you watching this new series?
do you like revising?

let me know; anya :smile:

Quick question - are you a Yorkshire baby? And Junior Doctors sounds like something I'd love to watch!
aw - sometimes it doesn’t matter if they’re neat or not - you’ve just got to be able to learn from them😂

Lets see if I can do that - got a test on Monday :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending