The Student Room Group

Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by streetdude28
Quick question - are you a Yorkshire baby? And Junior Doctors sounds like something I'd love to watch!

i’m not from yorkshire myself but my family is - why did you ask? :smile:

yeah it’s great! i love it! good luck for your test, try not to procrastinate *hehe*
Original post by clouddbubbles
i’m not from yorkshire myself but my family is - why did you ask? :smile:

yeah it’s great! i love it! good luck for your test, try not to procrastinate *hehe*

Were you visiting family? Millie's cookies and Pandora remind me of White Rose shopping centre :smile:
Original post by streetdude28
Were you visiting family? Millie's cookies and Pandora remind me of White Rose shopping centre :smile:

no haha, they have those shops where i live too :smile:
haven’t done any studying today!
i have probably won’t until i’m back at school on monday now, but i was happy at how much i was able to do tomorrow since i have nothing set as homework or revision :smile:

let me know how you’re all getting on!

i look forward to hearing from you; anya :smile:
haven’t done any studying today!
i have probably won’t until i’m back at school on monday now, but i was happy at how much i was able to do tomorrow since i have nothing set as homework or revision :smile:

let me know how you’re all getting on!

i look forward to hearing from you; anya :smile:

Hope you had a nice day! For half of the day i've been trying to make a stop motion vid to promote my stem project....taking me ages yelp😂😂😂😂😂😂
Original post by A.N123
Hope you had a nice day! For half of the day i've been trying to make a stop motion vid to promote my stem project....taking me ages yelp😂😂😂😂😂😂

yikes! what is your stem project about?
i hope you get it done soon 😊
they had a stem club at my school in years 7-9 which i never joined but i feel like if they started it again i might want to join... hmm idk?
yikes! what is your stem project about?
i hope you get it done soon 😊
they had a stem club at my school in years 7-9 which i never joined but i feel like if they started it again i might want to join... hmm idk?

My stem project is about dissipated energy because i've been intrigued by physics so im doing my project on that(lol). And thank you! I also hope i finish this stop motion soon....its driving me nuts!😂
How was your day?xxx
Original post by A.N123
My stem project is about dissipated energy because i've been intrigued by physics so im doing my project on that(lol). And thank you! I also hope i finish this stop motion soon....its driving me nuts!😂
How was your day?xxx

i honestly have no idea what dissipated energy is (i could guess...) but it sounds cool! you could maybe explain it to me when you have time?

i didn’t do a lot, slept until around 9:30, watched my brother do a basketball tournament (his team won) and then went swim training for 2 hours (i’m exhausted)... just got to relax now! i have another full on day tomorrow, but i’m just glad i’ve got nothing to study! i want to study - but i’m happy that i have nothing in particular to do!!! :smile:
Wow, there are so many great GYG blogs this year, and this is definitely one i'll be checking up on throughout the year! I love how this is about becoming more confident in your ability rather than obsessing over grade 9s (although your targets are very impressive!!), and that's such a healthy mindset to have- especially in year 10. Good luck this year, and also in 2019!

Also happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good day!:birthday:
Original post by troubletracking
Wow, there are so many great GYG blogs this year, and this is definitely one i'll be checking up on throughout the year! I love how this is about becoming more confident in your ability rather than obsessing over grade 9s (although your targets are very impressive!!), and that's such a healthy mindset to have- especially in year 10. Good luck this year, and also in 2019!

Also happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good day!:birthday:

totally agree! everyone’s producing such amazing gyg blogs!

i have been predicted 9’s - but i’m just not sure i’ll get them and that’s the whole point of this blog, to gain the confidence i need to help me achieve these high grades - so rather than obsessing over grade 9’s i’m trying to become more confident so i KNOW i can get grade 9’s - but it’ll take work!
at the moment my mindset isn’t great but as i said it’s developing and this blog is helping it :smile:

thank you - good luck to you too!!!
again no study posts today!
ive had skiing and a family party :/

just realised i have (minor) PE test on tuesday and i forgot to revise - luckily i make loads of notes in class so i should just be able to revise on the bus on tuesday???

bad i know! but it’s better than no revision at all since i have no time on a monday evening :frown:

are you guys staying organised?; anya :smile:
Hello! Welcome!

wow, I’ve only been on the student room a few days now but i’ve decided to take a plunge and start a GYG... year 10 is a tough year - no, not as tough as the years that follow - but it’s still tough. already, less than a few weeks into my gcse courses i’m struggling with motivation. i’m hoping this GYG will help me to connect with other like-minded people and you can follow my journey of growing confidence and motivation to study and achieve the best i can!

the gcses i have taken and the grades i want are:

Spoiler

i’m not 100% sure what i want to do when i’m older but at the moment i’m thinking either Medicine or Sports Science! it really depends on the grades i get and the opportunities i have etc.
i’m not 100% on my a-levels either, luckily i’ve got some time to think but it’s probably between chemistry, biology, maths, physics, pe, spanish (i know i can’t take all of these!!!! they’re just what i’ve whittled it down to)

so... i hope you enjoy this! it’s half term right now and i’ve got limited homework and a very busy week (it’s my 15th birthday very soon!!) but please connect with me on this GYG, i’m excited for what’s to come; anya :smile:

Hey! I'm in the same year as you, i have similar target grades too! looking forward to this chat being active :smile: I've been pretty productive today, but thats just making up for the fact i've done almost nothing this half term haha
Original post by jemmaclarke37
Hey! I'm in the same year as you, i have similar target grades too! looking forward to this chat being active :smile: I've been pretty productive today, but thats just making up for the fact i've done almost nothing this half term haha

hey! i’m glad you’ve found this gyg then :smile:

what subjects have you taken?

yeahh, my productive day was friday! haven’t really done much otherwise...

do you know what you want to do after gcses? 😜
Reply 53
Nice blog there!
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Nice blog there!

thanks! not as good as yours! :smile:
hola mis amigos!
it's only 20:40 but i am well and truly exhausted...

as i said, no studying today, but a packed day of school tomorrow which i look forward to reporting on tomorrow evening!

before i go to bed i'm going to fill in the final page of my gratitude journal :bawling:

i got it as a gift last year for my birthday and throughout the year i've filled it in every sunday, noting what ive achieved during the week and what i'm thankful for :smile:
here's an example!

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

the final page is a reflection of everything i have done through the year - since 31.10.16 - and it's been a pretty awesome year in terms of what i have achieved and how i've grown as a person!
here's what i wrote:

Attachment not found

i might do a bullet journal for this coming year (but its a bit too much effort) - the gratitude journal has been great for my anxiety and confidence and being thankful i guess so i'll miss it! i'll definitely try to continue it, just in another form/way...

so - i guess i'll report again tomorrow!

bye everyone; anya :smile:
(EDIT : sorry the attachments dont come up if you're on a computer! only if you're on the app *cries* but i know how to prevent this in the future so DO NOT WORRY)

Attachment not found
(edited 6 years ago)
monday 30th october

productive day at school today! got some test results back too :smile:

ENGLISH
first lesson was english and we got our english language paper 1 mocks back! (AQA) I was managed to do a lot better than I expected to...
here's a breakdown of the results :

Spoiler

MATHS

ahhh i hate maths, but no work today as we got our first termly tests back!

Spoiler

RE
my teacher is really old and subsequently teaches a bit old fashioned...
my school is catholic so RE is a core subject (woooooooo)
but we have gr8 banter in this class and today was funny apart from my awful cold!
we were doing catholic beliefs about salvation and grace so had a bit of a class discussion and did some mindmaps but nothing more...

we have our unit 1 test soon on beliefs and teachings so i need to start revising!!! eeeeek...

BIOLOGY
my teacher started off ranting at us for not completing checklists and revising but lol no (we have no tests to revise for just yet, let me revise when i actually have a test!) i'm top set triple so the lesson is at a really fast pace, didn't get much done so i have to catch up ugh (she gives us no time)
anyways, i have some exam questions, research and mindmaps to do on heart diseases and problems! (actually like this thoooo)

SPANISH
i lovvvveeeee spanish and i'd like to pursue it to a-level, our class is tiny and so nice and the lessons are so chill! today we did more work on verbs and then wrote a piece about 'what we did in the holidays' CLASSiC looool

mad day really - pleased with tests results so far! now got to plan my revision for RE, biology & physics, catch up my biology stuff and revise for a PE test tomorrow! im not even sure if i'll be well enough because i have a cold and i've got really muffled hearing uhhhh - in year 8 i missed 3 weeks because i went deaf (hopefully this won't happen again ahah)

see y'all soon - i've got a lot to do!:s-smilie:
adios; anya :smile:
Reply 57
Have you already started doing mocks because my school only does them at the end of the year (year10)?
monday 30th october

productive day at school today! got some test results back too :smile:

ENGLISH
first lesson was english and we got our english language paper 1 mocks back! (AQA) I was managed to do a lot better than I expected to...
here's a breakdown of the results :

Spoiler

MATHS
ahhh i hate maths, but no work today as we got our first termly tests back!

Spoiler

RE
my teacher is really old and subsequently teaches a bit old fashioned...
my school is catholic so RE is a core subject (woooooooo)
but we have gr8 banter in this class and today was funny apart from my awful cold!
we were doing catholic beliefs about salvation and grace so had a bit of a class discussion and did some mindmaps but nothing more...

we have our unit 1 test soon on beliefs and teachings so i need to start revising!!! eeeeek...

BIOLOGY
my teacher started off ranting at us for not completing checklists and revising but lol no (we have no tests to revise for just yet, let me revise when i actually have a test!) i'm top set triple so the lesson is at a really fast pace, didn't get much done so i have to catch up ugh (she gives us no time)
anyways, i have some exam questions, research and mindmaps to do on heart diseases and problems! (actually like this thoooo)

SPANISH
i lovvvveeeee spanish and i'd like to pursue it to a-level, our class is tiny and so nice and the lessons are so chill! today we did more work on verbs and then wrote a piece about 'what we did in the holidays' CLASSiC looool

mad day really - pleased with tests results so far! now got to plan my revision for RE, biology & physics, catch up my biology stuff and revise for a PE test tomorrow! im not even sure if i'll be well enough because i have a cold and i've got really muffled hearing uhhhh - in year 8 i missed 3 weeks because i went deaf (hopefully this won't happen again ahah)

see y'all soon - i've got a lot to do!:s-smilie:
adios; anya :smile:

Well done on your test results! For your first one of the year, these are great! Really good grades and still room to improve:tongue: I'm dreading mine back ngl, already got maths back before half term and it was an absloute s h a m b l e s, so it's safe to say i'm not looking forward to getting my science papers back ahah
Original post by Effy..
Have you already started doing mocks because my school only does them at the end of the year (year10)?

they’re not literal mocks just yet! they just called it a mock because it’s the only one i’ll have before my real mocks in end of year 10/year 11 - no mocks in other subjects at the moment either :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending