The Student Room Group

Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcsemusicsucks
Omg and to think that this morning at 4:45am I was still awake from the previous night :redface: How do you even manage that? I would've fallen asleep in the pool! :teehee: Notes look so pretty! :heart: Hope your shoulder heals! :frown:

My favourite song constantly changes because I'm always listening to new music and a bajillion different genres, but right now I'm obsessed with the whole The Greatest Showman sountrack :music:

haha :lol:
well, i think everyone was surprised to see me there - but i didn’t find it too hard to get up! and had the energy to swim tonight!

i’m the exact same oml. i’m into pretty much any genre :s-smilie:
i looooove the greatest showman though!!! :love:
Original post by laurawatt
Productive day :yes: :woo:
How can you get up that early?!

I went swimming today too! (For the first time in about 5 years :lol:)
Don't hurt your shoulder! Take the time to rest and for it to recover :cute:
:hugs:
I don't really have a favourite song, but the Greatest Showman soundtrack is awesome :gah:

yasss :dance:
i’m not even sure. i need to sleep. ahhh!!!
awesome! :woo:
i actually have tendonitis, and i had to take a month off to rest it over christmas. i’m having physio and i think i may have just overused it tonight - it will probably affect whether or not i swim tomorrow :yep:

:love:
Original post by clouddbubbles
yeahh i’m deaddd! :sleep:
:hugs:

cool song!

Awww :hugs:

haha :lol:
well, i think everyone was surprised to see me there - but i didn’t find it too hard to get up! and had the energy to swim tonight!

i’m the exact same oml. i’m into pretty much any genre :s-smilie:
i looooove the greatest showman though!!! :love:

I admire you and your bravery :lol:

Yaaas finally someone who understands me! People always ask me what kind of music I like listening to but I never know what to say because I listen to pretty much everything! (apart from heavy metal and the unnecessarily overboard swearing in every line for the sake of it rap type of stuff :rofl:)
(edited 6 years ago)
well i’m pooped.

the day started off ‘bright’ and early at 4.45am as i had swimming :sad:
we worked on fly technique and i gained a lot from it, i just wasn’t very coordinated so i was flailing about all over the place!

when i got back i printed off some chemistry exam questions and finished my quizlet set :woo:

you know how i said yesterday i’d changed up my revision technique? well i tried it today. i loaded up some kerboodle pages and then made posters on topics i hadn’t included in my quizlet. i also printed out a page about corrosion/rusting - YES i did read and highlight - YES i know it’s the worst way to revise - but i was just recapping :yep:

DE98FC1B-D026-401D-B25E-FCAA8C65F583.jpg.jpeg

went out to a spa, got my eyebrows done, had some lunch, got cracking with some exam questions, marked them, noted down areas to improve :dontknow:
my grandparents come round for a bit. we got presents as they’d been on holiday :star: - it was nice to break up the revision and especially nice to see them! :yep:

did some more exam questions... and a practice test :no: which went pretty badly, but i can now focus my revision! at least it wasn’t the actual test!

i’m a bit crazy, and made myself swim this evening as well :eek3: this time it was OnLy for a hour but omg i’m dead, it was just constant sprinting and my shoulder is beginning to hurt again! :cry:

i’m happy though, it’s been a really productive day! now time to relax :yep:

question of the day...
what is your favourite song? :musicus:

Spoiler

bubble squad :bubbles:

Spoiler

Hope your shoulder isn't too sore and heals soon :hugs: Great to hear you've had a productive day! :biggrin: :woo:
wow, a lot of swimming!!
glad the day was decent :yep:

at the moment my fav track is Pray for me- Kendrick Lamar and the Weeknd
Getting up at that time should be :banned: I'd had like 3 hours sleep at that time :hide:
Nice work today! Good to see you trying out different revision techniques at this stage!
Really enjoying your updates and pleased to see you’re making such progress. Not sure I could manage such an early start to go swimming so every credit to you!

Keep up the great work!! :smile:
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
I admire you and your bravery :lol:

Yaaas finally someone who understands me! People always ask me what kind of music I like listening to but I never know what to say because I listen to pretty much everything! (apart from heavy metal and the unnecessarily overboard swearing in every line for the sake of it rap type of stuff :rofl:)

haha :u:

if someone asked me, i would say twenty one pilots, they’re my all time favourite, but in honesty i have loads of playlists. i’ll literally listen to anything. pop, musical theatre, country; at the moment i’m actually into rap :lol: and chill music - a bit sweary but not as extreme as some of them!!
Original post by Labrador99
Hope your shoulder isn't too sore and heals soon :hugs: Great to hear you've had a productive day! :biggrin: :woo:

Original post by toonervoustotalk
wow, a lot of swimming!!
glad the day was decent :yep:

at the moment my fav track is Pray for me- Kendrick Lamar and the Weeknd

thank you, how was your day?

ooh i like that song too! :woo:
Original post by Lemur14
Getting up at that time should be :banned: I'd had like 3 hours sleep at that time :hide:
Nice work today! Good to see you trying out different revision techniques at this stage!

i think i’d probably had 4 hours sleep or something :cry2:
and i’ve just woken up as i have to go out.
i’m still exhausted! :sleep:

yeah i’m enjoying developing how i revise :smile:

Original post by brainzistheword
Really enjoying your updates and pleased to see you’re making such progress. Not sure I could manage such an early start to go swimming so every credit to you!

Keep up the great work!! :smile:

that’s great!

how are you getting on? :smile:
Glad your day was soo productive xx :heart:
Love swimming , shame that I don't go as much as I want to tho
Original post by Lilsthebest
Glad your day was soo productive xx :heart:
Love swimming , shame that I don't go as much as I want to tho

aw :sadnod:
how was your day?
(edited 6 years ago)
i think i’d probably had 4 hours sleep or something :cry2:
and i’ve just woken up as i have to go out.
i’m still exhausted! :sleep:

yeah i’m enjoying developing how i revise :smile:

Yuck, I've been having like 9-11 this week! Still feel tired though :confused:
Make sure you catch up a bit before going back to school!
Good :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like an ineffective warm-up/not warming up properly if your shoulder was hurting from that.:sadnod: Although sprinting isn't the best idea.:redface:
Original post by 04MR17
Sounds like an ineffective warm-up/not warming up properly if your shoulder was hurting from that.:sadnod: Although sprinting isn't the best idea.:redface:

it was a good warmup actually :dontknow:
i think my shoulder is just super weak at the moment!
well i’m pooped.

the day started off ‘bright’ and early at 4.45am as i had swimming :sad:
we worked on fly technique and i gained a lot from it, i just wasn’t very coordinated so i was flailing about all over the place!

when i got back i printed off some chemistry exam questions and finished my quizlet set :woo:

you know how i said yesterday i’d changed up my revision technique? well i tried it today. i loaded up some kerboodle pages and then made posters on topics i hadn’t included in my quizlet. i also printed out a page about corrosion/rusting - YES i did read and highlight - YES i know it’s the worst way to revise - but i was just recapping :yep:

DE98FC1B-D026-401D-B25E-FCAA8C65F583.jpg.jpeg

went out to a spa, got my eyebrows done, had some lunch, got cracking with some exam questions, marked them, noted down areas to improve :dontknow:
my grandparents come round for a bit. we got presents as they’d been on holiday :star: - it was nice to break up the revision and especially nice to see them! :yep:

did some more exam questions... and a practice test :no: which went pretty badly, but i can now focus my revision! at least it wasn’t the actual test!

i’m a bit crazy, and made myself swim this evening as well :eek3: this time it was OnLy for a hour but omg i’m dead, it was just constant sprinting and my shoulder is beginning to hurt again! :cry:

i’m happy though, it’s been a really productive day! now time to relax :yep:

question of the day...
what is your favourite song? :musicus:

Spoiler

Spoiler

4.45am?????????? :eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4: I was struggling to get out of bed at 10 :tongue:

Liking the posters :thumbsup:

And fav song ever has to be
[video="youtube;axfD-IqmTZg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axfD-IqmTZg[/video]

Fav song atm is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytx5c8KQymI
Original post by IKEAPanda37
4.45am?????????? :eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4: I was struggling to get out of bed at 10 :tongue:

Liking the posters :thumbsup:

And fav song ever has to be
[video="youtube;axfD-IqmTZg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axfD-IqmTZg[/video]

Fav song atm is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytx5c8KQymI

haha i don’t know how i did it!

oooh nice songs :woo:
it’s gonna be a short update today because i didn’t do much.

i had quite an early start as i had some errands to do, but then i went in the city to shop :yep:

when i came back, i watched lots of winter olympics! it’s great at the moment - and i was so happy for dom parsons, who won bronze in the skeleton :happy2:

in terms of studying, i didn’t do a lot today, i guess yesterday was where i peaked :smartass:
i went over the practise test and looked at ways i could improve, and then i went through my year 9 textbook which had some really good pages on the topic and answered all the questions.
by then, it was almost time for dinner so i started a quizlet set on ‘atomic structure and the periodic table’. we start our gcse science courses in year 9 and i didn’t really revise, so it’s good to catch up :dontknow:
and as always, tonight i swam. same old same old :lol:

question of the day
do you prefer hot or cold holidays?

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
it’s gonna be a short update today because i didn’t do much.

i had quite an early start as i had some errands to do, but then i went in the city to shop :yep:

when i came back, i watched lots of winter olympics! it’s great at the moment - and i was so happy for dom parsons, who won bronze in the skeleton :happy2:

in terms of studying, i didn’t do a lot today, i guess yesterday was where i peaked :smartass:
i went over the practise test and looked at ways i could improve, and then i went through my year 9 textbook which had some really good pages on the topic and answered all the questions.
by then, it was almost time for dinner so i started a quizlet set on ‘atomic structure and the periodic table’. we start our gcse science courses in year 9 and i didn’t really revise, so it’s good to catch up :dontknow:
and as always, tonight i swam. same old same old :lol:

question of the day
do you prefer hot or cold holidays?

Spoiler

Spoiler

cold, definitely:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending