Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else feel like they wasted their teenage years? watch

Announcements

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I spent it playing games most of the time which probably wasn't great but I had fun, and was going to struggle socially anyway so at least it passed and I enjoyed it.

Why do you feel like you have wasted yours?

Even my kid years was wasted because it sucked so much. Ah well.

I don't even remember it :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I did. Never event went to a nightclub until 19 1/2. and never did drugs or had a ons until 20.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Hirsty97)
    never did drugs until 20.
    That was probably a good thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    That was probably a good thing
    I agree. Only done so twice and my curiosity is quelled now

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes feel like that but I think everyone does every once in a while. way I see it as long as you keep pushing forward towards the future it doesnt really matter. If you feel like you wasted your past itll motivate you to try and attain a more fufilling life in the future
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I live in the moment with no regrets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    I spent it playing games most of the time which probably wasn't great but I had fun, and was going to struggle socially anyway so at least it passed and I enjoyed it.

Why do you feel like you have wasted yours?
    lmao same

ReputationRep:
    Nothing equivalent like getting snogged by Demi Moore but it was alright.

ReputationRep:
    how about instead of having self-pity about it, turn of tsr and do activities/meet people to do things that bring you great joy, and finally make the memories that you're desperate for

ReputationRep:
    Oh yh i do.
    I spent most of my summers learning to program and completing paid work, pretty sure i haven't seen light in 2 months straight. as well as not paying attention in English and having to repeat it 3 years (passed on the 3rd) which is pretty embarrassing and depressing when you think about it. but hey now as a 19 year old i have money in savings and enough for **** i wanna do were as my friends are well broke

ReputationRep:
    I am Nineteen, so got several months left :P

19, regret not making the most of my teens. Dont have any fond memories of it. Barely ever put my foot outside the house. Didnt make the best of friends. Regret going to a college instead of grammar sixth form. Regret not taking part in sports earlier. Regret not taking a part time job earlier.

Wanna be 14 again😔

Same. My parents were very overprotective so I couldn't go out with friends, join clubs or do things that normal teenagers do. As a result, I felt it was quite hard to make good friends and I hated going to school. I was quite socially awkward. It was only until I went to university that I had more freedom to try new things, and now in my twenties, living away from parents, I feel life is better.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Same. My parents were very overprotective so I couldn't go out with friends, join clubs or do things that normal teenagers do. As a result, I felt it was quite hard to make good friends and I hated going to school. I was quite socially awkward. It was only until I went to university that I had more freedom to try new things, and now in my twenties, living away from parents, I feel life is better.
    tbh honest my parents were strict as well and didnt really let me have a social life but thats not to say I couldve gone around that problem by joining clubs, gym, part time job etc. but I was comfortable being at home which I regret dearly. constantly thinking about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.