Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thank you to anyone reading this.

I’m in year 11 at the moment and am trying to decide whether or not to move school after GCSES in the summer. Any advice that you would give?

ReputationRep:
    You haven't told us anything.
    What's wrong with the school you're currently at? Where would you be moving to?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I moved 200 miles away to do my A-levels, and ngl I'm glad I went along with it. Pretty much all friendship groups change in the transition to a level anyway, and there are so many new people at sixth form, so it's unlikely that you'd struggle socially. I'd recommend doing ncs in the area you're going to move to, I did and it helped so much as I knew loads of people at sixth form when it started, but also because I had friends in the summer, instead of sitting at home all day!

ReputationRep:
    are yiutaking about moving away from homevor just moving to an A-leval collage if you are thinking of going to an A-leval collageI would say do it you are treted like
    an adult you call teackers by there first mame you can go in to town for lunch you will ussaly have beter facilatys then in school and for me it felt so diffrent to school i would say go do it also at collage there is no uniform and itis expeted that you are planning to go to uni start hinking about that now as it's only 2 years away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New- Emperor)
    are yiutaking about moving away from homevor just moving to an A-leval collage if you are thinking of going to an A-leval collageI would say do it you are treted like
    an adult you call teackers by there first mame you can go in to town for lunch you will ussaly have beter facilatys then in school and for me it felt so diffrent to school i would say go do it also at collage there is no uniform and itis expeted that you are planning to go to uni start hinking about that now as it's only 2 years away
    I go to the sixth form that is attached to my school. I can go out for lunch. The sixth form have their own block that was only built a couple years ago. I can wear whatever I want.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. If you do want to move though OP, make sure that you really want to. And don't be afraid to go back to your secondary sixth form if things don't work out. Lots of people left my comp school to go to grammar sixth forms but came back because they didn't fit in.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies

Student95-You don’t need any information,I was really just looking for personal experiences and things to consider.
    To give a bit of background I would probably be moving here https://www.cardinalnewman.ac.uk and on one hand,it could mean more independence,which I am prepared for as well as maybe being more motivated due to the change,but in the other hand I will have large classes,which may limit interaction,be very busy along the corridor and I don’t know it at all.

questionofrust- Glad you enjoyed/are enjoying your choice.I would probably struggle a bit socially,but i knowit would not be a massive issue as I will likely have some people from my old school and as you say there are lots of new opportunities.NCS could be a possibility.

New Emperor- First of all,I hope you don’t write like that in class lol
    I’m still living at home,which is relatively nearby.

thegalaxy-My sixth form is a bit the same.You are very much right about the grass and I know if it doesn’t work I probably could go back to my current school.I will definitely consider all the positives and negative to ensure my decision.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.