Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am on a 6 year course in medicine and failed my 2nd year (I failed the first set of exams and the resit exams in august), for which I found out the results only in September. I did not apply for mitigating circumstances the first time around and hence was asked to withdraw from the course. I did have personal (health) and family circumstances throughout the year which meant I could not keep up with the course and fell behind.

I submitted my appeal a week after I received the withdrawal (so the 2nd week of September) and am waiting for the result (and hence am having to take a year out). If my appeal is successful I will be allowed back on the course and would have to start from year 2 again.

Is it worth applying for other courses as a back up (in case my appeal is not successful)? Advice is much appreciated.
    • PS Reviewer

(Original post by thebluemats)
    Is it worth applying for other courses as a back up (in case my appeal is not successful)? Advice is much appreciated.
    This is a really personal question to be honest. What would you want to do?

You can always apply and withdraw if you want to but you should ask yourself what options you have going forward if you are not allowed to continue on the medical course. What career plans are you hoping to make as a backup?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.