The Student Room Group

[GHOULISH THREAD] Do you still celebrate Halloween?

Poll

Do you still celebrate Halloween?

One week today until Halloween :biggrin: :h: :woo:

Do you guys still dress up and have a party or go out to the pub or are you guys too old now for Halloween? :tongue:

I still celebrate it every year. My mum has me and my close family over for some drinks and a takeaway and we dress up. Celebrating it on Sunday this year since it falls on a week day this year. Looking forward to it :biggrin: I'm going as Hiccup from How To Train Your Dragon and my hubby was meant to go as Toothless but the mask we ordered for him was too small so he's decided to go with a much easier costume, Hodor from Game of Thrones :yep:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I've never celebrated it, even when I was young haha. We view it as a commercial thing with no meaning behind it. I'm not against others celebrating it, I just don't do it myself.

I used to go to Star Parties when I was younger though, for children who didn't celebrate Halloween. We did bobbing for apples and party games :smile: I'm a bit old for it now though!
Nope, I just turn off my house lights so no annoying kids come knocking.

****ing tarts, go buy your own sweets.
Yeah, my mates and I usually have a get together where we come in costume (can be anything, not necessarily something scary) and we drink, eat, play drinking games etc.
nope, never have and never will. don't like halloween partly bc of my personal beliefs. not against others celebrating it, i just dislike it,
Original post by King Leonidas

RIP house

enjoy cleaning up those tissues next morning
Don't dress up and go trick or treating anymore (although in a few years I'll be taking a little one to do it), we still decorate the house and create some pumpkins to put outside though. :jacko:
I only remember celebrating it once or twice. I think when I was 8 I dressed up like a witch and went trick or treating, but that's the only time. We've carved a pumpkin twice I think too. My mum always bought sweets for any people coming to our door but in our neighbourhood there aren't many little kids so we just get sweets instead.

I'm not bothered by it. Tbh I'm too lazy to dress up in costume with fancy makeup and stuff. However whenever I go out in the evening on Halloween I do feel a little scared. That's the only night of the year I'm scared of the dark outside. I swapped my shift at work so I didn't have to work late this year.
Original post by King Leonidas

Lol same I ****ing hate kids too, a few years ago alot of kids used to come to our house and ask for sweets and we'd turn the lights off too so they wouldn't come in, now no one comes to our house in halloween :biggrin:
Hallowe'en, the Evening of All Hallows, is a time for Christians to mock the devil by reveling in the triumph of Jesus Christ over evil and death.
We were never allowed to go trick or treating (my mum didn't like it) but we had sweets to give out if people came to our door - but we dressed up and played board games like Ludo so I didn't mind too much (and ate some of the sweets from the bucket)
Reply 11
Do you guys still get people chapping your door at Halloween? I don't know if Halloween is dying out these days or maybe I am just older now but I don't noticed kids trick or treating any more. Tbh, I can't blame parents though for not wanting their kids to go trick or treating, I wouldn't allow it if I were a parent, I'd throw a party instead
I was born in a country which does not celebrate Halloween, so I never celebrated it, even though I always wanted to do so. :sad:

My birthday is on the day before Halloween, though, so that is enough of a celebration for me around that time. :biggrin:
I have never celebrated halloween :spider:
Not really...
Reply 15
Happy Halloween everyone! Hope y'all have a boo-tiful day :tongue:

I'm going to make the most of the last day of the year that it's socially acceptable for me to be obsessed with all things spooky and scary :laugh: :teehee:
If by celebrate you mean stuff my face with sweets that are meant to be for children, yes. :biggrin:
Nope
I certainly would celebrate halloween, but I am living in a region where it is not so popular and not so celebrated in that extension. So it does not make sense. That is why I am not celebrated today.
The children in my area know not to come to my house or they can expect a rant from my dad or silence. Other than that, i have never been invited to any halloween parties and the only time i celebrated it was when my dad let me go to the halloween school disco for 15 minutes and once my parents let me have a halloween party which only had me and my sister because all my friends got invited to the party of someone cooler than me. These were both in primary school though lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest