The Student Room Group

Should the burka be banned? convince me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Avaia
The burka is not compulsory, and also, have you ever seen nuns?

Those who wear it disagree.

Nuns' clothes don't hide their face. False equivalence again. Moreover these clothes are now only worn during ceremonies. And nuns are "professionals", it's a kind of uniform; the clothes you refer are not worn by common people. When was the last time you saw a nun?
Original post by coolio333
Black nationalism suggests a superiority complex, how could i of ALL people have a superiority complex. I am the very epitome of what modern society today is against and discriminates against strongly. Please return when you have spent a day, let alone a life as a Black Muslim female. Believe me, its isn't pretty.

So, i would like to kindly request that you never insinuate that i am a black nationalist with a superiority complex, when you don't even know me. Nor have you walked a day in my shoes..

Your islamophobia, racist, sexist shield is so shiny 😂
yes faces to be seen. could be a man under the Burks.
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
Agreed.Can you imagine a criminal

''Hey boss, do ya think we should wear coverings over our faces while we rob this bank''

''No way man, that would be totally illegal and against our code of ethics.''

Haha exactly! :lol: Or "so, we need to not be caught on camera, we have the clown masks, the balaclava, tied stockings or this beautiful female headwear, which shall we use tonight?"
I don't think it should be and thinks it's very hypocritical that people want to ban it because they think it's forced on women... how is that any different from banning people from wearing it?
Original post by Captain Jack
Haha exactly! :lol: Or "so, we need to not be caught on camera, we have the clown masks, the balaclava, tied stockings or this beautiful female headwear, which shall we use tonight?"

''Better just dress up as Muslim women to commit this crime because it's not like a motorbike helmet would have just the same effect and actually allow us to move about''
Reply 86
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
''Better just dress up as Muslim women to commit this crime because it's not like a motorbike helmet would have just the same effect and actually allow us to move about''

It's much better to use a burka as people would be so afraid to look racist if they asked to remove it, contrary to a motorbike helmet.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you leave your child in a classroom with an unknown person covering thier face?

Yes - I intend to send my future children to Islamic schools and classes where they could possibly be taught by covered women, and I have no issue with that.

How many terrorism attacks were made by men pretending to be a woman wearing niqab?

In the West, none as far as I am aware; or so few that you may as well ban underwear because more terrorists have that in common than using a Burqa to hide lel

Covering face = no identity and that's a huge risk.

From an ex Muslim btw.

Alcohol has killed more people in the UK in one year than people dressed in Burqas have around the whole world in the history of mankind combined - what is more of a risk?

People should fear how stupid society is - they are a greater threat to themselves than any woman guarding her modesty.
(edited 6 years ago)
I understand people wearing the headscarf but I think covering your face it a bit over the top. However I don’t think it should be banned and it will be a sad day in this country if that happens. It’s not hurting anyone and those people saying that men are wearing them to commit crimes is hilarious.
I'm all for religious freedom etc but I do understand why people want to ban the burka. Hijabs etc have no issue whatsoever, it's full face coverings that pose an issue because of the fact it's something that can be easily taken advantage of. I don't see it as anything to do with the religion side of it, more just the fact that anything which covers someone's entire face does pose a security risk
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zamestaneh
one of them was committed by what appears to be a white non-Muslim man.

Are you saying that crimes committed by white people should be ignored. Isn't that racist? Doesn't it count as a disguise if white people use it?
because they cover up a person's face and no where in the quran it says that women should wear burqa's.

In events and etc, burqa's are fine and they encourage events by muslim communities, but in the public, no.

Quick Reply

Latest