Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, so my Girlfriend gave me oral and later on that day or even maybe the next day she found out she had tonsillitis. Iv had an itch every now and then and found some pus like fluid on the head once. Iv only seen little bits ever since.
    Any advice or anyway to treat this?

ReputationRep:
    TSR summed up.

edit: Wait until the more serious, senior people actually want to help you.

ReputationRep:
    Dude any kind of unusual fluid needs to be checked out by a doctor. Make an appointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Dude any kind of unusual fluid needs to be checked out by a doctor. Make an appointment.
    Yeah I tried but I have to wait to get a statement showing my new address before I can book an appointment.
    It was there once, havent really seen any since? Think it’s really serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrandonJay7)
    Yeah I tried but I have to wait to get a statement showing my new address before I can book an appointment.
    It was there once, havent really seen any since? Think it’s really serious?
    It's probably not really serious but do you really want to just leave it? A weird fluid was coming out of your body. Even just once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    It's probably not really serious but do you really want to just leave it? A weird fluid was coming out of your body. Even just once.
    I’m not going to leave it, I’m just curious if anyone knew what it was or how to maybe treat it. I’ll book an appointment as soon as I can.

If you don't have a GP then you can go to your local sexual health clinic - google sexual health clinics in your area. Turn up, wait in the queue, get seen, usually no appointment needed. No shame in going, looking after your sexual health is an important part of being a responsible sexually active adult, and the staff at clinics are sensitive and will not judge. Go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you don't have a GP then you can go to your local sexual health clinic - google sexual health clinics in your area. Turn up, wait in the queue, get seen, usually no appointment needed. No shame in going, looking after your sexual health is an important part of being a responsible sexually active adult, and the staff at clinics are sensitive and will not judge. Go!
    I’m trying to get an appointment with my local doctor, do you need to register or anything with a GP?

ReputationRep:
    I’m trying to get an appointment with my local doctor, do you need to register or anything with a GP?
    Or sexual health clinic?

ReputationRep:
    Or sexual health clinic?
    You need to register to see your local GP (which you should do anyway!) You don't need to register for the sexual health clinic so go there for now.

Go to the doctors - doesn't sound good

ReputationRep:
    Simple solution
    Don't do oral

Or sexual health clinic?
    As someone's already said, you DO need to register with a GP (normally takes a few days from the point of filling the registration form in to then being actually able to book an appointment). You DON'T need to register with a sexual health clinic. Google your local one and it should tell you what the system is - normally you can just turn up within their opening times and wait and get seen, and don't need to book an appointment. You may well find that the sexual health clinic would be better suited to you for this than the GP (although GP would also be fine) - they'll normally have systems for getting the results of certain tests back whilst you wait, and can text you the results of other tests. Don't be afraid to go - sexual health is their "normal", and whatever it is that you tell them about partners, kinds of sex, whatever, they'll have heard it all before and much much more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.