Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Moving to a dorm for the college? Lee Hnetinka will give you 5 tips: Watch

ReputationRep:
    1.Resist the Temptation to be Unorganized: The line between enjoying one’s personal space and complete slob can sometimes be a little hard to notice. Living alone gives you the freedom to organize and clean when you please, but this can often times be problematic. Make a habit of doing simple cleaning your apartment on a weekly basis.

2. Decorate and Own Your Space: One of the best aspects of living alone is being able to dictate all of the decorating and use of space in your home. Being able to call 100% of the shots in your own home is a rare thing to enjoy, so make the most of it.

3. Learn How to Shop for One: If you have ever lived with roommates in the past, then you understand the value of large shopping lists and buying in bulk. However, this isn’t the same for living alone. Modify your shopping lists.

4. Be Smart When Posting on Social Media: In today’s world we are all share the need to feel connected and social media is a huge part of many people’s daily lives. While virtual connection is important, there is no need to broadcast all of your activities, as this can make you vulnerable to potential intruders.

5. Be Nice to Your Neighbors: Living alone doesn’t necessarily mean that you are the only person in the community.

I never thought I could but I told myself: You are Lee Hnetinka, of course you can!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.