Help me I'm running out of time? - GCSE Resit coming soon!

Watch
The New Rebel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I got only 7 days to prepare for my GCSE Science resit for 1st, 2nd and 3rd November. I'm doing OCR 21st Century Science. How do I get A*'s and A's in my exam papers with the little amount I have left?
TechSupport
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Past papers
username3154254
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Past papers (unless its the new spec which i highly doubt) but if it isnt just overdose on past papers
past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat
past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat
past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat
past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Here goes:

1. You have 7 days, so work out how much you can cover in those 7 days plus the past papers.
2. Use the 20 minutes study 5 minute rest and repeat system, you'll be able study for longer without burning out/going bread dead.
3. Pick out anything you are rusty on, refresh on the stuff you know later on in the week.
4. Eat nutritionally well, and exercise to combat the stress. Make sure you get 7 hours sleep, being tired isn't going to help.
5. Make up acronyms, journey methods etc you can memories pretty quickly once it's in place but it takes time setting them up.
6. Have a positive mental attitude, don't even consider failure as an option.
7. Carry notes/index cards with you everywhere. Any spare second you revise.
8. Know what you are going to revise, and don't stop until you done it.
9. Tell your friends, family etc what you are doing, turn off your phone, computer etc and do it.
10. Dress for success, wear what you would in the exam, recreate the situation as much as you can.
11. Use the senses to remember, smells, tastes etc can stimulate the brain.
12. If you feel like you are burning out then take time off, and do something fun, and then get back to it.
13. Visualise yourself receiving your paper with a 9/A** on it.

Only come on here again after you've done your exams, then celebrate like mad.
Aleshadavis2611
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ismaeel Ali)
Past papers (unless its the new spec which i highly doubt) but if it isnt just overdose on past papers
past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat
past papers, mark it, go over errors, repeat
Do you think I should try past papers?😂😂😂😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.86%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (20)
9.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.37%

Watched Threads