The Student Room Group

Applying to places above my ucas points?

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ThurlowJake1
I'm 19 and applying to uni to start in 2018, as I've already finished my a-levels I already know how many ucas points I have. My results were CCD so I have 88 points however one of the courses I would really like to do in Brighton usually accepts between BCC-CCC (104-96 ucas points). Is it worth even applying for that course with a chance of me being able to get in or should I just give up on that idea and only apply to courses with entry requirements within my points.

Contact the uni and ask.
Consider:

1. Sitting a new A level or BTEC.
2. Resitting one of your existing A levels.
3. EPQ.

If they accept EPQ then thats worth half an A levels and would give you sufficient points if they accept them.
Original post by ThurlowJake1
I'm 19 and applying to uni to start in 2018, as I've already finished my a-levels I already know how many ucas points I have. My results were CCD so I have 88 points however one of the courses I would really like to do in Brighton usually accepts between BCC-CCC (104-96 ucas points). Is it worth even applying for that course with a chance of me being able to get in or should I just give up on that idea and only apply to courses with entry requirements within my points.

You'll need to take a A-level, or resit one, or take a equivalent qualification.

Quick Reply

Latest