Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am intermitting due to depression. This will be my 4th year but I have been advised by my tutors to take a year out due to my health. I have been told I will only be able to get funded for redoing my 4th year if I get a doctor's note. I wondered how much detail they would need to go into in order for me to get funded for this year? I phoned student finance yesterday about this problem and the person I spoke to said I would be able to be funded if I get this note.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren49)
    Hello,

I am intermitting due to depression. This will be my 4th year but I have been advised by my tutors to take a year out due to my health. I have been told I will only be able to get funded for redoing my 4th year if I get a doctor's note. I wondered how much detail they would need to go into in order for me to get funded for this year? I phoned student finance yesterday about this problem and the person I spoke to said I would be able to be funded if I get this note.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    Hi Lauren49,

When applying for compelling personal reasons, we recommend the evidence -

• is signed and dated;
    • confirms the reason why the student could not continue with their studies; and
    • when this took place

Photocopies of all evidence can be accepted, the letter must confirm as much information as possible.

Thanks

Katie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Lauren49,

When applying for compelling personal reasons, we recommend the evidence -

• is signed and dated;
    • confirms the reason why the student could not continue with their studies; and
    • when this took place

Photocopies of all evidence can be accepted, the letter must confirm as much information as possible.

Thanks

Katie
    My doctor wrote down 'low mood' and 'self doubt' as symptoms of depression, they also prescribed me antidepressants. Will this be enough?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren49)
    My doctor wrote down 'low mood' and 'self doubt' as symptoms of depression, they also prescribed me antidepressants. Will this be enough?
    Hi Lauren49,

I would suggest you send the evidence that you have and it will be reviewed on a case by case basis by an assesor . If it is not sufficient evidence you would be advised and can submit further evidence for your Compelling personal reasons (CPR).

Thanks

Louise

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.