Turn on thread page Beta

History and History and Hispanic studies personal statement? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know that the title is a bit confusing, but my problem is that I'm finishing my personal statement, however I'm going to apply for History courses as well as a History and Hispanic studies course. I have only mentioned languages very briefly (that I learn Spanish and Russian), should I just talk more about my passion for learning languages or do I have to write a considerable amount (as much as I've written about my love for history) for my love of languages?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    I know that the title is a bit confusing, but my problem is that I'm finishing my personal statement, however I'm going to apply for History courses as well as a History and Hispanic studies course. I have only mentioned languages very briefly (that I learn Spanish and Russian), should I just talk more about my passion for learning languages or do I have to write a considerable amount (as much as I've written about my love for history) for my love of languages?
    Get your ps checked. I would make a limited mention of your love of Spain and Spanish.. You can check with the uni if thats enough.

Write in proportion to the courses you are applying for Maybe 60/40 , 70/30 down to 80/20.. Thats what I would do. You cna do a bridge from Spanish History to Spanish.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.