Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As you can tell from the title I am reapplying to uni. I am going to use the same ps as I was quite happy with it, but do I need to write about my plans for my gap year in my ps or can I write it in my reference, and just use the exact same ps?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don’t believe you can reuse your personal statement from last year. It will be flagged up for plagiarism, even though it was you who wrote it.

However yes you should mention your gap year, universities will likely want to know why you took a year out and what you are doing during it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student2134)
    I don’t believe you can reuse your personal statement from last year. It will be flagged up for plagiarism, even though it was you who wrote it.

However yes you should mention your gap year, universities will likely want to know why you took a year out and what you are doing during it.
    Actually I check and apparently it’s fine to reuse your old personal statement, you should still mention why you took a gap year though

ReputationRep:
    Is it ok if I mention what I'm doing in my gap year in my reference because I don't have space in my ps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Hanaan999)
    Is it ok if I mention what I'm doing in my gap year in my reference because I don't have space in my ps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would find space in the p.s if you can... if not ask your reference writer to include it although universities would probably like hearing your own take on the things you are doing in your gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't have to use a lot of space. You can reuse your PS but you should make sure that it's still relevant and up to date. It's good to talk about more recent things you've done linked to your course too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.