Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, I am thinking of applying to Bath uni to study Economics. I am wondering which accommodation is most modern and comfortable. Marlborough/ Solsbury court looks nice on the website, but not sure if the standard lives up to that. I am looking for on-campus, self-catered accommodation. Thank you.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alihila)
    Hello there, I am thinking of applying to Bath uni to study Economics. I am wondering which accommodation is most modern and comfortable. Marlborough/ Solsbury court looks nice on the website, but not sure if the standard lives up to that. I am looking for on-campus, self-catered accommodation. Thank you.
    Hi. It's great to hear that you are considering applying to Bath.

We have a variety of self-catered campus accommodations. Marlborough & Solsbury Court is on the East side of campus, nearer the Limetree cafe, the Sports Village and the bus depot. Having lived there myself last year, I can happily say it's very convenient - Chancellor's Building is pretty much opposite, and a lot of my larger lectures (especially Economics ones!) took place there last year.

It has modern interiors compared to some other accommodations, and the kitchen has enough cupboard space for the entire flat, as well as a TV that you can use - we found this really good for movie nights and flat bonding!

My room was really spacious, and I much preferred having my own bathroom - a huge selling point for me! However, if this is something you're not too bothered about, the Eastwood residences take the form of houses with shared kitchens and bathrooms, and these are right next to Marlborough & Solsbury.

For photos of specific residences, you can look at our accommodation pages which also include prices. There is also a virtual tour of a room in Marlborough & Solsbury which you might find helpful.

If you have any more questions about studying at Bath, feel free to quote me.

Hollie
    International Development with Economics, 2nd Year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bath)

We have a variety of self-catered campus accommodations. Marlborough & Solsbury Court is on the East side of campus, nearer the Limetree cafe, the Sports Village and the bus depot. Having lived there myself last year, I can happily say it's very convenient - Chancellor's Building is pretty much opposite, and a lot of my larger lectures (especially Economics ones!) took place there last year.

It has modern interiors compared to some other accommodations, and the kitchen has enough cupboard space for the entire flat, as well as a TV that you can use - we found this really good for movie nights and flat bonding!

My room was really spacious, and I much preferred having my own bathroom - a huge selling point for me! However, if this is something you're not too bothered about, the Eastwood residences take the form of houses with shared kitchens and bathrooms, and these are right next to Marlborough & Solsbury.

For photos of specific residences, you can look at our accommodation pages which also include prices. There is also a virtual tour of a room in Marlborough & Solsbury which you might find helpful.

Hollie
    Ah! Thank you, your advice was much helpful. I have taken a look at the website and all seems great. I will take this into great consideration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bath)

Hollie
    Hello again Hollie, just another question for you... I was looking at the university website and it was talking about hall Representatives. I was wondering, how is it to be elected, is it a competetive process and do you know anyone that has tried to/ been a Hall Representative. Thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.