Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's my birthday today and I was supposed to be going to the cinema tonight and then for a meal afterwards with 3 of my friends but all of them have cancelled on me within the space of 2 hours. I feel pathetic. I never celebrated my birthday and I'm usually stuck in the house for most of them and this was a chance to actually finally do something for it

ReputationRep:
    Firstly - happy birthday!!!!
    I know it sucks that your plans have been cancelled but perhaps there's still time to arrange doing something you'd like to do? Why not go to the cinema yourself? Treat yourself to some Lush and have a pamper evening etc.

I'm sure they would have hated cancelling on your birthday. I'm usually the person that doesn't do anything for their birthday too so I can feel your disappointment if this was a first time in a long while you were going to do something - but there's no reason why you and your friends can't do something for your birthday but another day!

Whatever you choose - I hope you have a wonderful day and best wishes for the year ahead.

ReputationRep:
    what was their excuse , i hope you have a happy birthday , maybe go with your family instead to your meal

(Original post by PerhapsPhysio)
    Firstly - happy birthday!!!!
    I know it sucks that your plans have been cancelled but perhaps there's still time to arrange doing something you'd like to do? Why not go to the cinema yourself? Treat yourself to some Lush and have a pamper evening etc.

I'm sure they would have hated cancelling on your birthday. I'm usually the person that doesn't do anything for their birthday too so I can feel your disappointment if this was a first time in a long while you were going to do something - but there's no reason why you and your friends can't do something for your birthday but another day!

Whatever you choose - I hope you have a wonderful day and best wishes for the year ahead.
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    what was their excuse , i hope you have a happy birthday , maybe go with your family instead to your meal
    Thanks for the lovely replies guys. I think I'm just going to stay in and watch a film. There's always next year I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for the lovely replies guys. I think I'm just going to stay in and watch a film. There's always next year I guess
    did they have a measly excuse for cancelling on you .

ReputationRep:
    Ask yourself this: Why are your self-proclaimed "friends" so willing to back out on you?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday :hugs: I know how hurtful it can be when things like this happen. My so called best friend stood me up on my own wedding day and didn't ever get in contact with me to tell me why she didn't show up or reply to my texts in the days leading up to it. Made me feel pathetic too.

I hope you have found something else to do today and don't let this get to you too much, though I know its easier said than done. Take care :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday

And unless your friends had very good reasons for backing out (unlikely that all 3 of them did) then they're crappy friends to be honest. You deserve better.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.