Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Constant Cravings. Need Help!! Watch

This is becoming a real big problem now.
    About a week or two ago I've been beginning to snack a lot on junk like: Skittles, chocolates, chewits (having them as I'm writing this), crisps, donuts (literally just one) and a one-off bakewell. No fast good though, that's a bug turn off.
    Thing is, this only started 2 weeks ago and I started exercising intensely 2 months ago. Could it be that I'm growing so I'm always eating? (I'm in my mid-late teens. Male. I honestly don't what's going on. I doubt it's stress either, it's only the beginning of college (not my first year).

I've got a very high metabolism so it's not like I'd gain a lot of fat off of snacking but the thing is, it makes me feel like crap after I eat this stuff. I feel groggy and also can't concentrate sometimes which is a total no no in college for work/revision purposes.

I'm going to go to the Doctors tomorrow to see what they say.

However one of my biggest problems yet is that I have a severe feeling of wanting to smoke. I have never ever smoked in my entire life but I feel like I really want some nicotine in me. My salivary glands literally pulsate and my heart throbs whenever I think about this (very severe craving feeling). It's pissing me off tbh.

Sorry for the long post but any advice would be welcome. Thanks for reading tho : )
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is becoming a real big problem now.
    About a week or two ago I've been beginning to snack a lot on junk like: Skittles, chocolates, chewits (having them as I'm writing this), crisps, donuts (literally just one) and a one-off bakewell. No fast good though, that's a bug turn off.
    Thing is, this only started 2 weeks ago and I started exercising intensely 2 months ago. Could it be that I'm growing so I'm always eating? (I'm in my mid-late teens. Male. I honestly don't what's going on. I doubt it's stress either, it's only the beginning of college (not my first year).

I've got a very high metabolism so it's not like I'd gain a lot of fat off of snacking but the thing is, it makes me feel like crap after I eat this stuff. I feel groggy and also can't concentrate sometimes which is a total no no in college for work/revision purposes.

I'm going to go to the Doctors tomorrow to see what they say.

However one of my biggest problems yet is that I have a severe feeling of wanting to smoke. I have never ever smoked in my entire life but I feel like I really want some nicotine in me. My salivary glands literally pulsate and my heart throbs whenever I think about this (very severe craving feeling). It's pissing me off tbh.

Sorry for the long post but any advice would be welcome. Thanks for reading tho : )
    sounds like your diet has turned to **** in the past two weeks so you need to snack in order to feel full. no concentration/groggy all points to this-get some more complex carbs mate
    not too sure whats up with the smoking crave, never heard of something like that
    I wonder what the doctor says, let me know, doubt they know **** compared to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrypoliceman)
    sounds like your diet has turned to **** in the past two weeks so you need to snack in order to feel full. no concentration/groggy all points to this-get some more complex carbs mate
    not too sure whats up with the smoking crave, never heard of something like that
    I wonder what the doctor says, let me know, doubt they know **** compared to me
    What do you mean by complex carbs? I eat a full meal where I feel stuffed but the reason why I snack is BECAUSE of my cigarette craving. I'm going to buy a substitute for the cigarette soon, I hope that helps
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaneki Amano)
    What do you mean by complex carbs? I eat a full meal where I feel stuffed but the reason why I snack is BECAUSE of my cigarette craving. I'm going to buy a substitute for the cigarette soon, I hope that helps
    ah right I misunderstood, strange how u get cravings even though you never smoked

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.