Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alright. Here goes.

Welcome to my 2017/18 Blog!

Hi everyone!
    This blog is going to be following my progress through the final year of y A-Levels and the university admissions process - specifically that of Cambridge. The end goal here is to get an offer (and then a place) to study Modern and Medieval Languages (French and ab-initio Portuguese) at Cambridge. For that, I need results of A*AA, and that's exactly what I'm aiming for! I'm not the most typical Cambridge candidate (we'll get into that later) but it's honestly my life's goal to study there, so I'm going to work as hard as possible for it.

Before I get started you'll probably want to know a little bit about me, so here goes:

Name: Lydia
    School Year: 13
    GCSE's:
    • 2 A*'s (French and Italian)
    • 4 A's (English Lit and Lang, Geography, Chemistry)
    • 5 B's (Maths, Music, Art, Biology, Physics)

Current A-Levels:
    • French (Predicted A)
    • English Lit (Predicted A*)
    • Film Studies (Predicted A)

Universities applied to:
    • University of Cambridge (Pembroke College)
    • University College London
    • University of Bristol
    • University of Birmingham
    • University of Nottingham

So far I've received an offer from Nottingham of ABB

Anyways that's all the basic stuff you'd probably need to know about me, although please feel free to ask any questions! I'm going to try and post updates as often as possible with pictures of my study space and my schedule etc. etc.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! All the best
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Good luck
    (Original post by H.a.hx)
    Good luck! All the best
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    27/10/2017

Alright so it's been half term for me, so as usual that means that despite my best attempts to get work done, stuff has gotten in the way.

This time in the form of me passing out and whacking my head against a bathroom floor.

Sounds dramatic right?

It happened on Tuesday and really put me out of the mindset for studying but I'm back to it now with a grand total of five essays to write.

Yep. Five. (In all fairness it was almost eight but one teacher cancelled three of his)

I'm hoping to get at least three done today, if not more. I'll update as the day goes on, but for now, here's a picture of my study space.

Name:  F0241DA8-ACB3-4DF3-85D8-28C9C2AF7AA0.jpg.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  30.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peut-etre)
    27/10/2017

Alright so it's been half term for me, so as usual that means that despite my best attempts to get work done, stuff has gotten in the way.

This time in the form of me passing out and whacking my head against a bathroom floor.

Sounds dramatic right?

It happened on Tuesday and really put me out of the mindset for studying but I'm back to it now with a grand total of five essays to write.

Yep. Five. (In all fairness it was almost eight but one teacher cancelled three of his)

I'm hoping to get at least three done today, if not more. I'll update as the day goes on, but for now, here's a picture of my study space.

i love your study space 😍
    and pembroke college is gorgeous! hopefully you’ll get in...

do you want to explain more about why you’re not a typical cambridge candidate? i’m interested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peut-etre)
    27/10/2017

Sounds dramatic right?

Your workspace looks amazing indeed! I'm so lucky we never have to write essays! good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    i love your study space 😍
    and pembroke college is gorgeous! hopefully you’ll get in...

do you want to explain more about why you’re not a typical cambridge candidate? i’m interested
    Thank you! It really is a gorgeous college isn't it.
    I suppose I don't quite consider myself the 'typical' Cambridge candidate for a couple of reasons - mainly being that I only have 2A*s at GCSE (although of course they were both in languages) and that I'm taking film studies A-Level. (Although I personally don't believe I will be discriminated against for this, as Pembroke states on their MML page that they don't consider any subjects "inappropriate" )

(Original post by M.W.)
    Your workspace looks amazing indeed! I'm so lucky we never have to write essays! good luck!
    Thank you! It's very small as my room isn't big enough for a large desk, so it's hard to keep clean and tidy, but when I do manage it, it's lovely to work at.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.