LSE Blacklist Watch

This discussion is closed.
observer
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
dont look to much into the applicant to places ratio in terms of competitiveness. LSE get a lot more applicants for subjects who have slightly lower grades. Oxbridge pretty much get straight A candidates. If you have good grades you will have a decent chance
eons86
Report 14 years ago
your dad got sepatared by GCSE's
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wtf?
spurs123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus)
If your fourth AS subject is on the LSE 'blacklist' how much does it effect your chances of getting in? I know in their prospectus it says it doesn't really matter but is this really the case?

I think the blacklist beomes important when trying to selcet candidates for the more tough/competive courses. I mean staight economics compared with economics and geography is going t be MUCH tougher to get into. Hence, if you applying for the flagship LSE courses then even having one blacklist subject out of 3 a levels will affect you.
-RJ-
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Krim)
What do you think LSE's opinion is on the Economics and Business A-level course by Edexcel? I do it and from what I know of straight economics a-level its very very similar.
At the open day someone asked about the Econ and Business course by Edexcel - the lecturer said LSE considered it pretty much equal to straight economics.

:cool: RJ
Alexdel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everything said in here are assumption. Noone really knows so I guess you should just relax wait for the reply. No matter what you get there are plenty of other good universities out there.
minnys85
Report 14 years ago
How about Music?
I have applied to LSE for Management and Management Sciences and I did Eco, Mat, Music and Art then I dropped Art in A2 level. Music is not on their black list, but would it not be good?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?