Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an acknowledgement letter from their applied college for a Medicine application ?

A friend of mine has got his from Gonville and Caius . It's a general letter but send by the admissions at G&C.

I did an open application and wonder if this would have an impact on when I would receive mine.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by angelinthewind)
    Has anyone got an acknolwedgement letter from their applied college for a Medicine application ?

A friend of mine has got his from Gonville and Caius . It's a general letter but send by the admissions at G&C.

I did an open application and wonder if this would have an impact on when I would receive mine.
    College communications entirely depends on the specific college. Some send things quickly, some less so, and some don't send much at all....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. But does it differ for open applicants and those that directly apply to a college ?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by angelinthewind)
    Thanks. But does it differ for open applicants and those that directly apply to a college ?
    Not really. You are allocated to a college very early on... within a few days of the UCAS deadline iirc, and from then on you are at the mercy of your college's communications policy. I think your UCAS track changes when you get a college allocated. (I might be wrong on that...)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.