Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an acknowledgement letter from their applied college for a Medicine application ?

A friend of mine has got his from Gonville and Caius . It's a general letter but send by the admissions at G&C.

I did an open application and wonder if this would have an impact on when I would receive mine.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelinthewind)
    Has anyone got an acknolwedgement letter from their applied college for a Medicine application ?

A friend of mine has got his from Gonville and Caius . It's a general letter but send by the admissions at G&C.

I did an open application and wonder if this would have an impact on when I would receive mine.
    College communications entirely depends on the specific college. Some send things quickly, some less so, and some don't send much at all....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. But does it differ for open applicants and those that directly apply to a college ?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelinthewind)
    Thanks. But does it differ for open applicants and those that directly apply to a college ?
    Not really. You are allocated to a college very early on... within a few days of the UCAS deadline iirc, and from then on you are at the mercy of your college's communications policy. I think your UCAS track changes when you get a college allocated. (I might be wrong on that...)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.