Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have had several offers for interviews at various sixth form colleges that I have applied for. I was wondering what sort of stuff will I need to wear, what sort of questions I will be asked, and ideas of questions to ask the interviewer.

Thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i) wear a smart outfit; like an office worker ?

ii) they will ask... why did you choose X College ... why did you choose Y course...

iii) ask them about positive aspects of the their course, their students etc....

good luck !

ReputationRep:
    smart clothes, or your current school uniform if they say you can wear it. Typical questions they might ask:
    why this sixth form?
    why these subjects?
    what is your favourite subject?
    what do you want to do in the future?
    why should we choose you?
    extracurricular stuff and leadership qualities

I got asked what book I was currently reading, who my role model is and be prepared for the interviewer to ask you about your personal statement - if you have to write one

you could ask about UCAS support they offer, oxbridge, if they have anything specific to help you with the career you want to go into e.g. if you choose medicine, do they have a medvet society, mock interviews, teachers who can give you support through the admissions process??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm.25)
    smart clothes, or your current school uniform if they say you can wear it. Typical questions they might ask:
    why this sixth form?
    why these subjects?
    what is your favourite subject?
    what do you want to do in the future?
    why should we choose you?
    extracurricular stuff and leadership qualities

I got asked what book I was currently reading, who my role model is and be prepared for the interviewer to ask you about your personal statement - if you have to write one

you could ask about UCAS support they offer, oxbridge, if they have anything specific to help you with the career you want to go into e.g. if you choose medicine, do they have a medvet society, mock interviews, teachers who can give you support through the admissions process??
    Brilliant, thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i) wear a smart outfit; like an office worker ?

ii) they will ask... why did you choose X College ... why did you choose Y course...

iii) ask them about positive aspects of the their course, their students etc....

good luck !
    Cheers mate!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.