Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've been wearing a 30DD or 32D then I got measured today and the woman told me I'm a 36 but to get 34C. Is 34/36 not too big considering I'm a size 6 and quite slim.

ReputationRep:
    okay well the number basically means your rib cage size and the letter is how big your boobs are in relation to your ribcage. Did the woman use a measuring tape??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactuss)
    okay well the number basically means your rib cage size and the letter is how big your boobs are in relation to your ribcage. Did the woman use a measuring tape??
    Yeah she did and thanks I just feel like 36 is sooo big

ReputationRep:
    Basically as a size 6 your band size more than likely going to be between 26 and 30 (30 might actually be pushing it but anyway). What is your band measurement? Like right around the rib cage?

ReputationRep:
    Some places measure you and add on 4 or 5 inches around the ribcage depending on if you're an odd or even measurement. I've never found that this works. Whatever your measurement is around your rib cage is your size! And yes a 34/36 sounds way too big if you are size 6.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1233333344s222)
    So I've been wearing a 30DD or 32D then I got measured today and the woman told me I'm a 36 but to get 34C. Is 34/36 not too big considering I'm a size 6 and quite slim.
    That doesn't sound right. I am a size 8 and my waist is 28. However, I wear 30C as a lot of shops don't have 28 waist sized bras. Maybe go get measured by another shop and see if they say the same sizes?

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't sound right. If you wear a size 6, you're pretty much a 28 (which they don't sell) or 30.
    Go elsewhere for measurement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    That doesn't sound right. If you wear a size 6, you're pretty much a 28 (which they don't sell) or 30.
    Go elsewhere for measurement.
    Marks and Spencers do, they go up to a 28C in 28 bands. If you have a larger cupsize than that, you'd have to go online.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 6 and by measurements I should be wearing a 30D but in reality where I've actually tried on the bras I wear a 34B because it's whats most comfortable. Try things on and wear what fits rather than what theoretically should

ReputationRep:
    Definitely sounds wrong. I'm size 14 and wear 34/36. I recommend you measure yourself at home then try out the sizes around that number.

Also, how sister sizes work is if you go up in band, you go down in cup and the other way around. So, for example, if you tried on 34C and found that the cup size was about right but the band was too loose, you'd try 32D next.

ReputationRep:
    I’m also a size 6 and I wear a 34 comfortably

ReputationRep:
    As you can see from the replies on this thread, it varies massively from person to person. I’m a size 12 and I have a 32FF because that’s what fits best and supports me best. My MIL is significantly smaller than me (in both frame and cup size) and wears a 34 band size. Try on lots and see what works best for you, perhaps do some research on how the bra should feel when it’s on.

ReputationRep:
    Your band size should be similar to your waist size (around 4-6 inches bigger at most), hence a UK size 6 usually has a 24" waist (or smaller) they should probably be wearing a 26 or 28 band, 26 bands are mostly found online and so are most 28 bands.

ABraThatFits is a good subreddit to figure out your size.

E.g. I wear a UK 6, although I am smaller than that (hard to find clothes smaller than that when you're not petite height wise), and I wear a 28C when I bother with bras (which isn't very often because bralettes are better), and it's usually too big in the band on the middle setting so I often have to use the tightest setting which wears bras out faster. Most people wearing a size 6 should be wearing a 28 band or below, or they're quite simply kidding themselves into being a size 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Your band size should be similar to your waist size (around 4-6 inches bigger at most)
    My band size is 12.5 inches bigger!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.