Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive just finished the first term of starting A levels and i’m really enjoying it. I take biology, chemistry and geography and i love all three subjects. Ive been getting As in the recent biology and Geography tests but in chemistry I’ve only been getting Bs and Cs. I would really love a B at the end of A2. Should i be worried at this rate that just on class tests I’m getting these grades rather than on harder actual exam questions? At gcse i got an A for chemistry
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Let me tell you my story here dude. I take chemistry (I'm in year 13 now) and loved it to pieces but I was not getting the grades I wanted. I'm talking like Us and Es (at least I was consistent lmao). It was a real downer and there were places I struggled. However I put the effort in, revising and working hard. I came out with an A at As level so basically if I can do it, anyone can! You just need to work your ass off with past papers and whatever revision technique suits you.

Good luck to you mate! You'll do fine.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nin500a)
    Ive just finished the first term of starting A levels and i’m really enjoying it. I take biology, chemistry and geography and i love all three subjects. Ive been getting As in the recent biology and Geography tests but in chemistry I’ve only been getting Bs and Cs. I would really love a B at the end of A2. Should i be worried at this rate that just on class tests I’m getting these grades rather than on harder actual exam questions? At gcse i got an A for chemistry
    It's only the first term and you've been getting B's and C's. That's impressive, most students will get E's and U's. You have nothing to worry about, carry on revising and you'll get an A* instead of B.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people think that the grade they get in the first test of year 12 is anything close to what their predicted/actual grades will be???????

It's the first test that can only be based on less than 2 month's worth of content. Stop worrying about the grade now and just work as much as you can to learn all the content so you can get the A/A* in the end of year 12 mocks (about 7 months away). If you get A* in the mocks at end of year 12, you school isn't going to say "well hang on actually on the first test of year 12 in October you only got a C, so we'll lower your predicted grade to a B". See my point?

Besides, anything covered so far is probably just stuff from GCSE....

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to everyones advice!!! I have a lot of pressure as in my class of 7 it is extremely competitive as everyone has been getting As and A* already except me an 1 other, My class contains the highest 5 gcse achievers
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    Why do people think that the grade they get in the first test of year 12 is anything close to what their predicted/actual grades will be???????

It's the first test that can only be based on less than 2 month's worth of content. Stop worrying about the grade now and just work as much as you can to learn all the content so you can get the A/A* in the end of year 12 mocks (about 7 months away). If you get A* in the mocks at end of year 12, you school isn't going to say "well hang on actually on the first test of year 12 in October you only got a C, so we'll lower your predicted grade to a B". See my point?

Besides, anything covered so far is probably just stuff from GCSE....
    I think OP overall wants a B at A-Level, not a grade B prediction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    I think OP overall wants a B at A-Level, not a grade B prediction.
    Yeah I know, but what I said still stands. It's just silly to think that a C grade in October of Year 12 is what they will get in A2, which they will have almost 2 years to work towards...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    Yeah I know, but what I said still stands. It's just silly to think that a C grade in October of Year 12 is what they will get in A2, which they will have almost 2 years to work towards...
    Yeah I get what you mean, they've got a while to go yet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.