Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether anyone can help me with this but are there ways of requesting to leave Peel Park without having to finding someone to fill the flat. Various personal circumstances make it difficult for me to stay in the student halls so I wanted to move to private rented accommodation but the department said although I can leave anytime I would have to pay the rent until someone else moves in...ie tough !

cheers
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by smallzoo)
    I'm not sure whether anyone can help me with this but are there ways of requesting to leave Peel Park without having to finding someone to fill the flat. Various personal circumstances make it difficult for me to stay in the student halls so I wanted to move to private rented accommodation but the department said although I can leave anytime I would have to pay the rent until someone else moves in...ie tough !

cheers
    I had a look, but I cant see the terms of the licence accommodation. I expect it to say you are liable till you find a replacement.

In rare circumstance a uni might depart from that i.e you ot run over or someone died, but generally speaking they are not interested. A few unis might allow for this. I have seen ones in Scotland just charge you for the term, but I wouldnt bank on it.

I would think the fact you are moving into private rented would count against you. You can try and offer a discount just to get rid. Holding you to the agreement is the same for everyone else.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.