Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm looking to study anthropology and sociology and I have been to visit both durham and aberdeen. I think that aberdeen is the one I want to go to but then durham is higher on the league tables and also a very good university. has anyone got information about the course and the universities so I can decide which one would be best. I am an English student so would be paying the fees in Aberdeen does this give me a better chance of getting in? I would appreciate any advice that can be given.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisec0908)
    So I'm looking to study anthropology and sociology and I have been to visit both durham and aberdeen. I think that aberdeen is the one I want to go to but then durham is higher on the league tables and also a very good university. has anyone got information about the course and the universities so I can decide which one would be best. I am an English student so would be paying the fees in Aberdeen does this give me a better chance of getting in? I would appreciate any advice that can be given.
    What are your other choices? And your subjects and predicted grades?

Fundamentally pick the course *you* like the most.

You have until 15th Jan to apply, and May to decide on your Firm/Insurance. There's no rush...

ReputationRep:
    my other choices are Exeter roehampton and Bournemouth my predicted grades are an A is sociology and a B in psychology A-level and a D* in health and social care btec i applied last week and am waiting to hear back ive got offers from roehamton and Bournemouth but I'm not 100 percent sure that aberdeens my first choice yet on even though I really liked it at the open day.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisec0908)
    my other choices are Exeter roehampton and Bournemouth my predicted grades are an A is sociology and a B in psychology A-level and a D* in health and social care btec i applied last week and am waiting to hear back ive got offers from roehamton and Bournemouth but I'm not 100 percent sure that aberdeens my first choice yet on even though I really liked it at the open day.
    So you have until May to decide... no rush.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.