Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I am being mentored outside of my studies by a well known company. I am currently in my third year at uni studying sport. They are mentoring me towards a required qualification for the specific role I am going into. They were really keen on me doing a training thing this weekend which I am attending and have told their intern and I guess others that I will be doing it (his intern asked me). They even said they would drop me off at work so I could go (as its during the day and I have work at night).

I notice that they have been watching me doing my training in the gym and even provide feedback. I complete tasks that they set for me and provide feedback as part of mentoring towards the assessment. They let me sit at the desk in the office etc, very supportive/encouraging etc even being looking at my Linkedin,their recruitment staff even like my posts. However, they said they don't usually take on undergrads, they have one intern who is a graduate.

I feel like they have observe everything that I do which is cool but just curious why they are putting me through the assessment for/invest so much time into me as I have only had a few months on practical experience,although I do have 3/4 years of experience in different areas in sport?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to me like they are looking to employ you in the future, as they are clearly investing time and effort into you.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.