Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I am being mentored outside of my studies by a well known company. I am currently in my third year at uni studying sport. They are mentoring me towards a required qualification for the specific role I am going into. They were really keen on me doing a training thing this weekend which I am attending and have told their intern and I guess others that I will be doing it (his intern asked me). They even said they would drop me off at work so I could go (as its during the day and I have work at night).

I notice that they have been watching me doing my training in the gym and even provide feedback. I complete tasks that they set for me and provide feedback as part of mentoring towards the assessment. They let me sit at the desk in the office etc, very supportive/encouraging etc even being looking at my Linkedin,their recruitment staff even like my posts. However, they said they don't usually take on undergrads, they have one intern who is a graduate.

I feel like they have observe everything that I do which is cool but just curious why they are putting me through the assessment for/invest so much time into me as I have only had a few months on practical experience,although I do have 3/4 years of experience in different areas in sport?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to me like they are looking to employ you in the future, as they are clearly investing time and effort into you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.