The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

see ? other people wear coloured lenses. so why do i get treated like a freak if i go in and ask about them? i nearly got chucked out of vision express today :frown:
Reply 21
They're evil and hurt; you really don't want them.
why? whats wrong with yours?
Moncal
Just don't blink for a few seconds. You will get used to putting them in eventually.

You know you've got used to contacts when you prod your eyeball (rather than the elusive lens) - and it doesn't hurt whatsoever.
Reply 24
They're impossible to get in. And when you finally do get them in you can feel them on your eye
Reply 25
i can do it without looking in the mirror :rolleyes: its very easy after a while.

if u can feel them in your eye, then you arent putting them in properly :biggrin:
Sam_B
i can do it without looking in the mirror :rolleyes: its very easy after a while.

if u can feel them in your eye, then you arent putting them in properly :biggrin:

I'm referring to the numerous times (usually when playing sport) when my lens has just disappeared into the top of my eyelid - and I've touched my eye, whilst attempting to put it back in place.

But having said that, the way I was shown to put them in by the optician involved using my middle finger, and both hands (one hand to hold up the eyelid). Nowadays I just put the lens in, in one swift movement using an index finger - it takes half a second. No mirror, nothing.
Reply 27
:eek:

i was speaking to juno_the

never mind.
:worm: + :reddy: = :eek:
Reply 29
Well, my optician said it was normal to feel em til you get used to em
Sam_B
:eek:

i was speaking to juno_the

never mind.

There's a nice spangly new button called 'reply'; it quotes - thus avoiding confusion and embarassment (on your part).
Reply 31
ok mate. whatever u say.
if they're none perscription then they wont be measured for your eyes...but just make sure that theyre in the right way...the curve shouldnt be turned the other way. it may also take a while to get used to them...it took me a bit but theyre pretty much ok now.
Contact lenses starve your eyes.
Reply 34
i've just started wearing contact lenses and i keep on getting air bubbles under them when i put them in.

In the past few days i have pinched my eyeball twice....i think i have a contact lens in but i actually dont, because it fell out when i was putting it on or whatever.

It is soooo painfull!!
Reply 35
If your coloured contacts keep moving when you blink, then they just plain don't fit your eye properly. get your eyes measured by an optician, then research different contact lense brands to find the one which makes the closest fit to your personal measurements (though even this could damage your eyes). Yearly 'hard' lenses come in a much greater range of measurements so you will be able to find a precise match, but be aware that these lenses are thicker and so will stop oxygen getting to your eyes. This happened with me, and I ended up not being able to tolerate coloured contacts at all, although I can still wear daily Acuvue non-coloureds.
what happens if oxygen doesnt get in the eyes?
I have been put of contacts now.
Reply 38
i just switched brands to focus dailies and they are the worst ive ever had. stupid D&A had run out of my normal ones (they had 1/4 up, and a 1/4 down, but not the right ones :mad: ), so i had to get these. they keep folding up under my eyelid and getting caught! they seem to be much thinner (which i would have though was a good thing :confused: ) but this is terrible! they are a nightmare to get out, and if i have to perform one more removal by peeling my eyelid away from my eye and clutching at it with tweezers i will SUE!
Reply 39
temilola
i've just started wearing contact lenses and i keep on getting air bubbles under them when i put them in.

In the past few days i have pinched my eyeball twice....i think i have a contact lens in but i actually dont, because it fell out when i was putting it on or whatever.

It is soooo painfull!!

Yeah pinching your eye hurts alot! I did it the first time i tried to take mine out, used my thumb and finger, felt real nice :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending