Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I'm currently a student at St Andrews. We have the opportunity to go to oxford for our clinical years. Although the majority are able to attend scottish medical schools or manchester/barts the opportunity for me to apply to oxford has come about.
    Basically, does any one have a dropbox with their lectures saved they'd be willing to share? I'm just worried about how different the oxford course could be to my own and would feel better having seen their lectures to assess my knowledge base.

Thanks!

D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielTi)
    I'm just worried about how different the oxford course could be to my own and would feel better having seen their lectures to assess my knowledge base.
    You are worrying unnecessarily. Clinical medicine - including the final exams - has very little to do with your pre-clinical knowledge. This distinction is possibly even more true at Oxford than other medical schools. The Oxford students are very good in terms of enthusiasm and ability but they won't know more about clinical medicine than you will at the start of their clinical years. If anything, you might be slightly ahead as the Oxford students will have spent many of the preceding months working on an original research project. Their pre-clinical teaching is also quite chaotically organised.

Slides will vary hugely between lectures/modules in terms of difficulty and quality, as I'm sure they do at St Andrew's. I don't know that looking through random lecture slides will help you very much in reaching a decision.

DOI: Taught at five UK medical schools and now teaching Oxford clinical students.

ReputationRep:
    I agree - don't know what benefit this would be. You will not know much of the content for either university.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.