Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What operating system do you use? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which OS do you use?
    Linux
    20.00%
    ChromeOS
    0%
    Android
    3.33%
    Windows 10
    46.67%
    Windows 7
    16.67%
    Windows XP or older
    6.67%
    OS X
    6.67%
    iOS
    0%
    Other Apple
    0%

ReputationRep:
    ^ The Linux/GNU respecter has logged on
    Good to know though

Personally I dualboot W10 for games and Linux Mint for mostly everything else. I'd use it more if I could get a KVM up and running for games (which I can't because I am not a Linux nerd also I suck)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Windows 7 for my main machine. Actually came preinstalled with windows 10 but I got it dual booted with Windows 7 to keep my backwards compatibility open.

In a couple of years time (or sooner) I will eventually get switched across to Windows 10, but seeing as though Windows 7 just works, I'm sticking with it.

My other machines are either Windows 7 (my last machine - still usable but overheats) or Windows XP (legacy machines kept for programs that don't like Windows 7+).

ReputationRep:
    Home Gaming - Win10
    Home Dev - Ubuntu
    Work - macOS Sierra on work laptop... Not going to go into all the other ones at work.

ReputationRep:
    Well, my main workhorse desktop is a Windows 10 machine (I upgraded to steal my brother's copy of Cuphead he brought on Xbox One).
    But my daily operating systems do vary, with some dabbling in Linux and Chrome OS as well as using Vintage OS' such as Windows 98, Mac OS 9 and Windows XP.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.