Edinburgh vs Glasgow

Watch this thread
Poll: Edinburgh or Glasgow, where is the best to live?
Edinburgh (55)
61.11%
Glasgow (35)
38.89%
naivesincerity
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Which city would you rather live in, assuming you could live in a reasonable area?
-ch1ck-
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 14 years ago
I would def say Edinburgh and im not even biased!

i live in Edinburgh but i study in glasgow... i prefer Edinburgh!!
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Edinburgh. I've lived in Glasgow, and while I appreciate the greater 'buzz' surrounding it, it still lacks the beauty and traditional aspects of its eastern neighbour.

Plus, there's more neds in the pubs there.
naivesincerity
Rep:
(Original post by Libertinus Septentrionalis)
Edinburgh. I've lived in Glasgow, and while I appreciate the greater 'buzz' surrounding it, it still lacks the beauty and traditional aspects of its eastern neighbour.

Plus, there's more neds in the pubs there.
Ever been started on by a ned?
Allthewayhome
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I still have to say that I prefer Glasgow.

There's not that many neds and besides what pubs do you go that are frequented by neds?
Answer - the wrong kind!

Neds are ubixquitious to any town and city in Scotland.
TheOneWho
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Although Edinburgh is quite pretty in parts, I'd have to choose Glasgow. It's better for shopping and nightlife and there are less annoying tourists.
Lou_
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Edinburgh.

It's beautiful!

The nightlife here is great. Glasgow's nightlife, while it may have more clubs and bars, is scarier imo.

Glasgow is too big whereas I think Edinburgh is just the right size.
-ch1ck-
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lou_)
Edinburgh.

It's beautiful!

The nightlife here is great. Glasgow's nightlife, while it may have more clubs and bars, is scarier imo.

Glasgow is too big whereas I think Edinburgh is just the right size.

i totally agree... there are also more places to go and chill out in the summer. there are absolutely no parks/gardens in the centre of glasgow!
K.T.
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Edinburgh used to be my favourite, but I'd go for Glasgow now - less touristy, and much better for gigs, etc.
Nalced
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Glasgow has the best football.
stevo23e
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Glasgow surely! if the magical Buchannan Street on which you can buy absolutely anything wasn't enough its the only city in Scotland where you can do a sub-crawl
foxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I'm a Glaswegian myself - it's a great city, but I have to say I do prefer Edinburgh.
ooze
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Having spent the weekend in Glasgow I can safely say that I much prefer Edinburgh. Glasgow is too big, and I miss the character that Edinburgh city centre has compared with Glasgow's endless grid. Boring.

They get better gigs more frequently but it's not hard to get to Glasgow from Edinburgh.
naivesincerity
Rep:
(Original post by RusholmeRuffian)
Having spent the weekend in Glasgow I can safely say that I much prefer Edinburgh. Glasgow is too big, and I miss the character that Edinburgh city centre has compared with Glasgow's endless grid. Boring.

They get better gigs more frequently but it's not hard to get to Glasgow from Edinburgh.
Funny that Glasgow actually felt smaller to me, but maybe I didn't see enough of it.
gLace
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Edinburgh was voted #1 place in the uk to live..
The Solitary Reaper
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
To me, Glasgow is just Scotland's Manchester/Birmingham/insert large, ugly, rough city here; Edinburgh has a very unique character and is beautiful.

It also suits my interests a lot more - I don't enjoy shopping or clubbing, but I like going to the theatre, arts events and the like. Edinburgh, no doubt about it.
Cutie Xx
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Edinburgh all the way!! Although i do love shopping in glasgow. An if u liv in cambridge just wondering y u started this post ?? Xx
Cutie Xx
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Also, Edinburgh is home to the best football team in the country - The mighty Jambos! <3 x x x
SmilerNuts
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Iona Xx)
Edinburgh all the way!! Although i do love shopping in glasgow. An if u liv in cambridge just wondering y u started this post ?? Xx
He used to live up here I do believe.

And sure, Hearts are just doing so well this season :p:
Cutie Xx
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SmilerNuts)
He used to live up here I do believe.

And sure, Hearts are just doing so well this season :p:
Ooohhh and what team is it u support? :p: Xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
29.81%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (71)
44.1%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (40)
24.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.24%

Watched Threads