Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying AAT Level 4 and I'll have finished the course hopefully by july. I had planned to study ACCA after AAT but I could also do a degree in accounting and finance instead at Birmingham City University. If I do the degree I can skip the first year so the degree will only be 2 years.

I wanted to just do ACCA but I've been finding it so hard to find a job and I'm worried that I'll just become overqualified for an accounting job if I do ACCA with no experience.

With the degree I could also apply for graduate schemes and if I choose to study ACCA later I can get some exemptions from exams depending on what modules I pick.

I've just been going back and forth and need help deciding.

I could still get a job in finance without ACCA but what other jobs can I get with ACCA and no degree?

Also, how much do university rankings matter? Birmingham City University is currently ranked 88th (2018).

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I work for a University Business School in UK. IMHO I would suggest do ACCA and get a job with financial experience. You will learn more practical stuff and not waste time at Uni running up a debt that will haunt you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.