The Student Room Group

Transfer in 2nd year?

I recently started a Psychology course at a top 50 uni that I had wanted to go to for at least a year.

However, I did significantly better in my A levels than I had expected and I had the option of going through adjustment to somewhere a lot better. Now I know that league tables and rankings are not what you should base your choice on and for that reason I stuck with my firm because I could not have made a clear or informed decision within the 5 day adjustment period.

Now that I have started I am not enjoying my time here, which is a let down considering how I wanted to come here for quite some time. I am considering transferring because I am so unhappy (for various reasons) and I wanted to know how likely it is that universities accept transfers into the second year? I was looking at Surrey specifically if that helps, but any advice is very welcome (and needed!)

Thanks!
Original post by glt99
I recently started a Psychology course at a top 50 uni that I had wanted to go to for at least a year.

However, I did significantly better in my A levels than I had expected and I had the option of going through adjustment to somewhere a lot better. Now I know that league tables and rankings are not what you should base your choice on and for that reason I stuck with my firm because I could not have made a clear or informed decision within the 5 day adjustment period.

Now that I have started I am not enjoying my time here, which is a let down considering how I wanted to come here for quite some time. I am considering transferring because I am so unhappy (for various reasons) and I wanted to know how likely it is that universities accept transfers into the second year? I was looking at Surrey specifically if that helps, but any advice is very welcome (and needed!)

Thanks!

Make enquiries to the unis concerned. Some are keener than others. They all look at the same criteria so do well in your exams if you wish to transfer into year 2.

Your alternative is just to leave and reapply to start degrees fresh.
Take a gap.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Make enquiries to the unis concerned. Some are keener than others. They all look at the same criteria so do well in your exams if you wish to transfer into year 2.

Your alternative is just to leave and reapply to start degrees fresh.
Take a gap.

Thank you for your advice, I will contact the uni.

Quick Reply

Latest