Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1 about an hour ago Report post
    i am predicted CC in alevel physics and chemistry.
    I was originally doing phy,chem and bio but i got U in bio AS and so could not continue it.
    Which unis are available with my current situation.
    I dont mind doing a foundation year (most likely going to do a foundation year)
    can i apply for a foundation year and if i get good grades in august can i switch my course to the bsc degree so i dont have to take a foundation year.

Has anyone been accepted at aston with 2 alevels. This is where i really want to go. I emailed them but they said my best hope is clearing..If im lucky.

For my possible AS i could retake AS biology privately

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused about why your college/sixth form let you continue studying only 2 subjects, knowing they're putting you in this kind of position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UUJBSL)
    I'm confused about why your college/sixth form let you continue studying only 2 subjects, knowing they're putting you in this kind of position.
    My Sixth-Form did this same thing to me. Wouldn't let me resit my economics even when I said I'd be willing to travel to another sixth-form. So they put me into "half" an A-level IT course in just 6 months, managed to complete every assignment except one group-task which was a pass resulting in me receiving no grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UUJBSL)
    It's a messed up place. Some people only have 1 Alevel and 1 as

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatdude123)
    1 about an hour ago Report post
    i am predicted CC in alevel physics and chemistry.
    I was originally doing phy,chem and bio but i got U in bio AS and so could not continue it.
    Which unis are available with my current situation.
    I dont mind doing a foundation year (most likely going to do a foundation year)
    can i apply for a foundation year and if i get good grades in august can i switch my course to the bsc degree so i dont have to take a foundation year.

Has anyone been accepted at aston with 2 alevels. This is where i really want to go. I emailed them but they said my best hope is clearing..If im lucky.

For my possible AS i could retake AS biology privately
    The reality is that it is very unlikely that you will get into Aston with only 2 A levels. Given that their standard offer is ABB-BBB they may go down to CCC in clearing but that's probably as low as they would go.

You will probably have to look at the likes of Plymouth/Bournemouth/South Wales Universities for the 3-year course. Those unis that do foundation years all have different requirements. Have a look here to find suitable universities - https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2017/may/16/university-guide-2018-league-table-for-computer-science-information

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.