Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got my medusa pierced on the 1st of september, everything has been completely fine up until 2 days ago. I noticed a slight pain on sunday but presumed I'd caught the piercing in my sleep, yesterday when I woke up there was dried blood crusted around the piercing, my lip was swollen and very sore. When I look behind the ball the skin which surrounds the bar bit isn't really skin anymore. It's like the skin around it has turned gooey so I can wiggle the bar from side to side slightly as the actual skin starts further away from the bar. Has anyone had any similar experiences, is it just a standard infection which I should treat with salt water, or something perhaps more serious which I should go to a piercing shop for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoebeM99)
    I got my medusa pierced on the 1st of september, everything has been completely fine up until 2 days ago. I noticed a slight pain on sunday but presumed I'd caught the piercing in my sleep, yesterday when I woke up there was dried blood crusted around the piercing, my lip was swollen and very sore. When I look behind the ball the skin which surrounds the bar bit isn't really skin anymore. It's like the skin around it has turned gooey so I can wiggle the bar from side to side slightly as the actual skin starts further away from the bar. Has anyone had any similar experiences, is it just a standard infection which I should treat with salt water, or something perhaps more serious which I should go to a piercing shop for?
    something stronger than salt water and youll be good, TCP for example, youll save yourself a trip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrypoliceman)
    something stronger than salt water and youll be good, TCP for example, youll save yourself a trip
    I went to a piercing shop today as the ball was digging right into my lip which was causing it to become even more swollen. She swapped to a longer bar which give my lip room to breathe, there was also a build up of "gunk" from the infection which she had to squeeze my lip to get out. I'd also been told the wrong ratio of salt to water which wouldn't have been helping. Bit sore and swollen at the moment, but hopefully should improve.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.