Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EU student, Do I need NINO? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am an EU undergraduate student in London. Do I need a NINO for part-time or full time job?
    Thank you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_queen)
    I am an EU undergraduate student in London. Do I need a NINO for part-time or full time job?
    Thank you!
    Hi the_queen,

If you are planning to work in the UK ,you will be required to have a National Insurance Number.
    You can find details of how to apply for a National Insurance Number on the link below.

http://bit.ly/1hG9LO5

Thanks
    Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi the_queen,

If you are planning to work in the UK ,you will be required to have a National Insurance Number.
    You can find details of how to apply for a National Insurance Number on the link below.

Thanks
    Louise
    Thank you for your reply.

My concern is about taking a part-time job/internship during my studies in the UK. Do I need a NINO in this case?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply.

My concern is about taking a part-time job/internship during my studies in the UK. Do I need a NINO in this case?
    Hi the_queen,

If you are an EU national you do not require to provide a National insurance number for the purposes of Student Finance.

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi the_queen,

If you are an EU national you do not require to provide a National insurance number for the purposes of Student Finance.

Thanks

Louise
    I do not take any loan or other student finance, I pay for my studies from my own pocket (I mean, my parents pocket ), I just want to take some part-time job/ internship during my studies in order to have some work experince. For this purpose I ask about NINO.

ReputationRep:
    I do not take any loan or other student finance, I pay for my studies from my own pocket (I mean, my parents pocket ), I just want to take some part-time job/ internship during my studies in order to have some work experince. For this purpose I ask about NINO.

Hi the_queen,

You do not need to provide a National Insurance Number, if you are from the EU, in order to receive Student Finance.

If you are looking to take up employment in the UK and you wish to apply for a nino, I have provided you with a link to apply below,

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi the_queen,

You do not need to provide a National Insurance Number, if you are from the EU, in order to receive Student Finance.

If you are looking to take up employment in the UK and you wish to apply for a nino, I have provided you with a link to apply below,

Thanks Rona
    Thank you for your reply. I wish to apply for NINO only if I need it. This is not clear for me, I need one or not?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply. I wish to apply for NINO only if I need it. This is not clear for me, I need one or not?

Hi the_queen,

As an EU student, you do not need a nino to apply for support from student finance, but you will if you plan to work in the UK.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.