Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you type or write notes at university/college? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm still trying to find what's more comfortable for me. I think typing is as I'm faster at it so write more important info down that way.

What about you guys?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaannxxx)
    I'm still trying to find what's more comfortable for me. I think typing is as I'm faster at it so write more important info down that way.

What about you guys?
    I write, the info doesn't come that quickly so I don't need to be super quick with it

ReputationRep:
    I type It's faster and easier to read and format for use at later dates

ReputationRep:
    I retain the information more effectively if I write it down.

I find copy writing in general to be quite an effective method wherein you can furnish your writing abilities. I'm reminded of this quote:

“Reading the works of men who had arrived, he noted every result achieved by them, and worked out the tricks by which they had been achieved — the tricks of narrative, of exposition, of style, the points of view, the contrasts, the epigrams; and of all these he made lists for study. He did not ape. He sought principles. He drew up lists of effective and fetching mannerisms, till out of many such, culled from many writers, he was able to induce the general principle of mannerism, and, thus equipped, to cast about for new and original ones of his own, and to weigh and measure and appraise them properly. In similar manner he collected lists of strong phrases, the phrases of living language, phrases that bit like acid and scorched like flame, or that glowed and were mellow and luscious in the midst of the arid desert of common speech. He sought always for the principle that lay behind and beneath. He wanted to know how the thing was done; after that he could do it for himself. He was not content with the fair face of beauty. He dissected beauty in his crowded little bedroom laboratory…and, having dissected, and learned the anatomy of beauty, he was nearer being able to create beauty itself.” –Jack London

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.