Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EVERYONE thinks we're dating?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I'm not too sure about this thread but in simplistic terms: I have a friend at scouts and we spend a lot of time together (I am female, friend is male, we are both 15y). You can probably see where this is going but I have been over to his house for a while but he has never come over to mine as I am scared of him meeting my brothers and my dad (he knows this and it's calm). At scouts, everybody just seems to presume that we are in a relationship as more than just good friends. Even the staff members have been telling us to keep it low-key and teasing us. I really do not know what to say. My friends at school see me texting this dude and they think the same thing. Everybody I know (including parents) seem to think we are dating and we don't understand why. Does it mean we are a cute couple? Are people trying to be annoying? Are we overthinking this? Should we stop talking? I do not have any idea whatsoever on how to deal with this. Somebody help me please, I will try and talk to anybody else if they need anything.
    Thank you ever so much, I am just really confused right now

ReputationRep:
    Banter with it. It really doesn’t matter. I’ve had this a lot with many of my male friends. Just go along with it and people will stop teasing you about it cause they’ll get bored x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=3498236I understand what you mean but this has been happening for over a year now, and i don’t know what to do. He is always upset and I try and help and everybody makes it so much worse bc things are happening in his family and I really don’t know how to help anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoloLife)
    Hey everyone,
    I'm not too sure about this thread but in simplistic terms: I have a friend at scouts and we spend a lot of time together (I am female, friend is male, we are both 15y). You can probably see where this is going but I have been over to his house for a while but he has never come over to mine as I am scared of him meeting my brothers and my dad (he knows this and it's calm). At scouts, everybody just seems to presume that we are in a relationship as more than just good friends. Even the staff members have been telling us to keep it low-key and teasing us. I really do not know what to say. My friends at school see me texting this dude and they think the same thing. Everybody I know (including parents) seem to think we are dating and we don't understand why. Does it mean we are a cute couple? Are people trying to be annoying? Are we overthinking this? Should we stop talking? I do not have any idea whatsoever on how to deal with this. Somebody help me please, I will try and talk to anybody else if they need anything.
    Thank you ever so much, I am just really confused right now
    The world can't comprehend a straight male and female friendship. It's fine. You are just gonna have to ignore the comments.

Or one of you could come out as gay.

But that's a bit far fetched.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    15 yrs old

Let's sink that in for a moment....

ReputationRep:
    Just chill girl. You're only young. Who care what people think?

ReputationRep:
    Are you dating? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Are you dating? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't even know

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you are really good friends, and people around you two are just teasing. Ignore them

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.