Turn on thread page Beta

How to study psychology without A Level's/GCSE's watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm just wondering as to how I get into a BSc or BA Psychology course without having done any exams/having not finished school? The reason I am asking is because I'm Irish so I don't know how the UK system works. I've been searching for information for ages but cannot make sense of it because one thing seems to conflict with another. Just to make it easier, I also don't have any Irish equivalents to U.K. Exams apart from FETAC/QQI but I don't know if that is accepted over here. Particularly Colechester.

Another issue I have is what type of funding am I allowed to avail of? I do plan to get a job as soon as I can but I don't have anything behind me really so I can't afford education on my own. I don't expect maintence but I do hope I am eligible for tution rates. Can I get the tution loan where I can repay after a certain amount of years?

Another thing I should mention is that I have one year of uni completed over here in Ireland but I am in my second year, with intention to drop out this week. Is this counted as two years of uni for funding purposes or just one and a half?

I really don't want to drop out but social situations have left me 'homeless' for the time being so my only option is going to live with my sister in Suffolk. I just thought I'd mention that because I do take my uni career seriously and I am devasted at having to drop out but wish to continue with my education once I go over, even if it means starting from scratch in september. Any help is appreciated!!

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.