Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so i am applying for the Bsc in economic history as development economics interests me and economic history has a lot of content on this. however i know the degree is not as quantitative as say straight econ bsc. however it is still a BSc.. does anyone who is doing an econ history degree or has a friend who has done it possibly tell me what sector they're mostly employed..?

many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Econ History grads have jobs in IB and Consulting. No problem. Go to Econ History page in LSE and check out Grad destinations. In my opinion, Econ History may be better preparation than straight Econs for jobs other than as an Economist. Go for it if you like the subject because you will do well in it. Top employers don't necessarily employ only Econ grads, far from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Light.Y)
    so i am applying for the Bsc in economic history as development economics interests me and economic history has a lot of content on this. however i know the degree is not as quantitative as say straight econ bsc. however it is still a BSc.. does anyone who is doing an econ history degree or has a friend who has done it possibly tell me what sector they're mostly employed..?

many thanks
    I'm doing Bsc Econ History here and the job prospects are pretty much the same as people doing straight economics. A lot of people who I've met at networking events here have done the degree and are working in investment banking and other lucrative financial streams. As long as you get in you stand a good chance of getting into that type of area as well as others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fulham_Fan)
    I'm doing Bsc Econ History here and the job prospects are pretty much the same as people doing straight economics. A lot of people who I've met at networking events here have done the degree and are working in investment banking and other lucrative financial streams. As long as you get in you stand a good chance of getting into that type of area as well as others.
    Thanks a lot man appreciate the view from someone who's doing the degree !!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 25, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.